• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Hd Dvd

darkcloud28

Question

i use Toast to burn hd dvd and the first part from the folder works perfect but after i try to burn the second part , i only get the main menu and when i press play the screen goes black for ever .

how i can split the hd dvd to 2 dvd s with out this error ?

10 answers to this question

i just give up completly , i just get mac pro with 18 gig of ram and 3.2 ghz and i reenstall the roxio , and now i have error on everything :burning , converting , i cant even save enything as image on hard dvie,i heve eroor _ mac erorr -50 ....:(((((

now i start from Zero , i clean my Mac , its nothing there , and i install Toast 9 ...i can at least burn blu-ray , but no converting possibilities at all , Error 50.

what NEXT ???

have can i convert EVO file to any format...: dvd , divix ps3, apple tv .....not to mentioned burn to blu ray format ,it will be like a miracle

How ....

sorry for my english , anyway im getting my HD file from EVO files store in my hard drive

or if not on disc i just will like to convert them to any format with i can play on mac .

and the Roxio have the option , but its not working .

aaand i burn 2 movies hd dvd movies on blu-ray as UDF format and they work perfect on power dvd ultra and nero 8 , but not on external hdvd player of corse , can any one help?

I suspect that the problem is the EVO file that you are using. If the file is ripped off of an encrypted source, I suspect the ripping process or program produced a file that has a problem.

Hi , i think not , why can i burn with toast 9 ripped blu ray ? with m2ts files ?

i used Vista programs:evodemux , and tsmuxer to convert EVO from the same folder to blu ray file : ts , m2ts , and it works perfect .

the problem is the Toast 9 , not the EVO file i have.

i even try to use rebuild |EVO file from evodemuxer from vista and convert with Toast but .....nothing

can You give me simple example of EVO file , how do i convert this with roxio toast 9 ?step by step?

plaese :)

I dont think you can span discs when making a video DVD. You are better off creating 2 different projects from the source video.

HI

but i did try to make 2 projects , but nothing is working i left my house for a 12 days and left roxio going with hd dvd video project on automatic

for the best Quality , but nothing move after i get back , the encoding woes on 0%.

why ?

You can add unencrypted EVO files to a Convert --> Video Files project.

i DID this .....ITS NOT WORKING , i try convert to any format i even try to convert just 1 evo file with the video project to DVD = and what i get? 920mb file with some bad impossible to read file or format .

AND of Corse im not playing Blu ray in my hdvd player , only on pc -Power dvd , or NERO 8.

and i convert HDVD to BLU-RAY format a s You said , BUT itsnot working - no sound , ar the screen its black .

my problem its simple, i will love to convert EVO file to ANY , ANY ANY format , like mp4 , avi , divx or m2ts .....BUT ITS NOT WORKING !!!!!!!!!

now i start from Zero , i clean my Mac , its nothing there , and i install Toast 9 ...i can at least burn blu-ray , but no converting possibilities at all , Error 50.

what NEXT ???

have can i convert EVO file to any format...: dvd , divix ps3, apple tv .....not to mentioned burn to blu ray format ,it will be like a miracle

How ....

You can add unencrypted EVO files to a Convert --> Video Files project.

As for "splitting" an authored HDDVD_TS folder, this is not possible within Toast. You'd need to burn it to an HD DVD DL disc.

Another possibility if you only have a Blu-ray burner, is to add the EVO files to a Video --> Blu-ray Video disc project. This will reauthor the files as they're burned to Blu-ray disc, but the resulting disc would only playback in a Blu-ray player (or PC with Blu-ray playback software)

aaand i burn 2 movies hd dvd movies on blu-ray as UDF format and they work perfect on power dvd ultra and nero 8 , but not on external hdvd player of corse , can any one help?

You can play back the HDDVD_TS folder structure on a PC because your drive is capable of reading the disc and PowerDVD Ultra doesn't care about the media type if it can read it.

Your standalone HD DVD player will never play Blu-ray discs though, it isn't capable of reading those discs no matter what is on them and strictly speaking this would go against spec.

Archived