• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Off Topic Problem with Drives

David , it is a good possibility that the registry cleaner in Norton 360 deleted some very important registry entries. At this point, I suggest that you follow the clean install procedures here. Also do not use the registry cleaner in 360 or set the cleaner to ignore the entry the cleaner is now deleting. Search this forum for the key that is being deleted.

Also many people have problems if they are running EMC 8 with either or both IE7 and WMP 11. You can search this site for instructions on how to roll back those programs or just use Microsoft's instructions.

If you have a problems with Movie Maker, then you may have more problems with Windows than with this product.

Make sure you have a back up of the important files on your hard drives before you do anything. Another possiblity is that you are starting to have your hard drive going bad.

Well now, there's a thing. I've just experience a similar problem. EMC 6 working fine, until I cleaned registry with RegClean. Got a similar error message (can't remember its exact wording). CD burner appears in "Source" window, but no burners listed under "Default Recorders" (I also have an internal HP recorder, and that's now not listed either). I also tried re-installing EMC but no change. I have now looked at your suggested resolution for clean install, but instructions don't include EMC v6. What should I do??

I have now looked at your suggested resolution for clean install

Couldn't wait for response, so decided to follow instructions anyway. I followed all instructions precisely and.......... no change. Still no default recorder listed. Further suggestions welcome, otherwise looks as though I've got to buy a new CD burner (but not Roxio, I'm afraid, as I want to avoid any registry conflicts).

April 2006, "tbrewst" posted this:

"If after installing Roxio it is unable to see your drives yet Windows sees them ok you might try the following:

PX engine Update

This has worked for quite a few people and it may work for you."

Well, thank you tbrewst. After hours of re-installing, regediting, and general frustration getting nowhere, this simple update restored drive recognition to my EMC v6 installation. Works perefectly now. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

You attached to a tread that was not related to your problem, so it is not surprising that the suggested solution would not work…

Your problem resembles the common XP problem of lost burners. Try MicroSoft's solution: Here

I thought the thread related exactly to my problem, since the thread referred to an identical error message. Anyway, I've resolved the problem now by updating the PX engine (whatever that might be). Everything works fine, now.

I thought the thread related exactly to my problem, since the thread referred to an identical error message. Anyway, I've resolved the problem now by updating the PX engine (whatever that might be). Everything works fine, now.

It can't relate exactly - you're talking about different versions for a start. Getting the same error message doesn't mean you have the same problem, as evidenced by the fact that your problem wasn't solved by a reinstall, but disappeared when you sorted out your PX engine.

Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 has a registry key which can be broken by registry cleaners, but when this one is disturbed Creator Classic just totally refuses to run. It doesn't just lose its default recorder.

Archived