• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Locking Up

carey

Question

When I turn on my new vista PC it lock's up just after my desk top loads, I have to do a re boot and then it works fine. When I uninstall CREATOR 10 SUITE the PC works just fine.

Any help please.

Dave :ninja:

7 answers to this question

When I turn on my new vista PC it lock's up just after my desk top loads, I have to do a re boot and then it works fine. When I uninstall CREATOR 10 SUITE the PC works just fine.

Any help please.

Dave :ninja:

Was the initial lock up just after you installed EMC 10? After the "re-boot" that allowed it to work, have you thereafter run the software without a problem? Do you have anti-virus software running and, if so, what type?

Hi Tom

When I bought my new PC I loaded all my programes on to it, It was obvious there was a problem with having to re-start the computer every time I switched it from cold. So, I then I did a recovery which deleted everything off my PC then I installed my programmes one by one until I found the programme which was causing the problem which was EMC10, so I then deleted EMC10 and the problem disappeared. which was everytime I switched the machines on from cold I had to re-boot it because it just froze. At the time of installation there was no anti-virus software it was all disabled.

If I have not explained this properly please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind regards

Dave

Check that you don't have an OEM version of Roxio - if you do, do a search for 'clean install' and remove it. It's possible there is a clash between an OEM version and the full ptogram

... so I then deleted EMC10 and the problem disappeared....

In deleting it, it is critical to wipe it out completely so that it has been taken out of any nooks and crannies, as gi7omy suggests. (I had a runtime error which was cleared by the clean install procedure.) Click here for the step by step procedure to follow, and then do your reinstall, making sure your anti-virus and other programs are disabled. The program should not freeze up your computer either by having it installed or whenever you try to use it.

Good luck & report back. greetings9.gif

And if none of the above work and you still want to use EMC 10, you can try the following....

With EMC 10 installed, go to Windows/ Start/ All Programs/ Accessories/ click on Run and type msconfig and tell Vista to continue.

Then go to the Startup tab, expand the Command section so that you can see the entire command and uncheck all Roxio and Sonic entries. Click Apply/ OK and restart your computer.

You will still be able to use the programs, they just won't start everytime you boot up your computer and that may solve the hangup.

If you want to narrow it down further, you can go back and add those unchecked items one at a time until you find the problem.

Now if you have trouble launching any of the programs after you've disabled them at startup, then you'll need to post that new computer's specifications so that we can try to help further.

Archived