• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd10 Video Project Burning Stalls

Chemong

Question

I've created several video projects using EMC10 or MyDVD10 and haven't been able to burn the video. It doesn't matter what burn option I choose, the screen indicates that the video is being encoded and 0% compete, I've left this overnight and it never progresses. I've removed EMC10 following the Clean removal and install procedures recommended by Roxi but the same thing happens.

My PC is a relatively modern system:

CPU: Intel E6750

Motherboard: Asus P5B deluxe

Video Card: GeForce nVidia 8500GT Forceware ver 174.74

RAM: 4gb

6 answers to this question

Thanks, I ran the DirectX update and it indeed seemed to install a new version. Still the DivX video files won't work with Videowave or MyDVD. I've now clean installed twice and no change.

You obviously have issues with the computer you have EMC 10 on, then. It may be a case of too many codecs, which may be the wrong ones.

If I have too many codecs, how would I clean out and start over?

I've been working through this same issue on another thread and it appears that my video files are a problem. When I trim off a couple seconds at the beginning EMC10 works. Doesn't explain why EMC8 works?

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=38669

I've created several video projects using EMC10 or MyDVD10 and haven't been able to burn the video. It doesn't matter what burn option I choose, the screen indicates that the video is being encoded and 0% compete, I've left this overnight and it never progresses. I've removed EMC10 following the Clean removal and install procedures recommended by Roxi but the same thing happens.

My PC is a relatively modern system:

CPU: Intel E6750

Motherboard: Asus P5B deluxe

Video Card: GeForce nVidia 8500GT Forceware ver 174.74

RAM: 4gb

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video and also check to be sure you have the latest DirectX version installed.

I have the latest video drivers and DirectX says it is current. I have worked around the project by starting up my old Notebook with EMC8 and Videowave 8 on it. I converted all the video files I was needing on a DVD to mpg2 from DivX avi files and MyDVD10 worked perfectly. Just wouldn't work with DivX. Since the Notebook hadn't been updated for a few years as far as video and Roxio is concerned I fail to see why the Videowave 8 would read the DivX files and the New and improved EMC10, Videowave10 and MyDVD10 would not work with the DivX files. So far I'm not impressed with the updated EMC10 or EMC9 as I've suspected I didn't have these problems with EMC8.

I have the latest video drivers and DirectX says it is current. I have worked around the project by starting up my old Notebook with EMC8 and Videowave 8 on it. I converted all the video files I was needing on a DVD to mpg2 from DivX avi files and MyDVD10 worked perfectly. Just wouldn't work with DivX. Since the Notebook hadn't been updated for a few years as far as video and Roxio is concerned I fail to see why the Videowave 8 would read the DivX files and the New and improved EMC10, Videowave10 and MyDVD10 would not work with the DivX files. So far I'm not impressed with the updated EMC10 or EMC9 as I've suspected I didn't have these problems with EMC8.

Glad you have a workaround but for me and others, the encoding quality was not up to snuff and was improved in v9 and 10.

You obviously have issues with the computer you have EMC 10 on, then. It may be a case of too many codecs, which may be the wrong ones.

Actually, there was a HUGE issue with DivX in V8 because EMC 8 installed a certain version of DivX. IF you updated DivX, you would then lose that ability in V8 or it screwed up the DivX app (can't remember which). You're just really lucky it worked. I think that issue was fixed in V9 or 10. Perhaps V10 would work if you updated to the latest DivX?

and DirectX says it is current.
Where did you get this info? Just because dxdiag states V9.0c doesn't mean you have the lastest UPDATE. Microsoft has updated DirectX many times WITHOUT changing the version numbers!

Get the latest dated March 13, 2008 here

Archived