• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Powerpoint On Media Creator 10

Allan Mac

Question

I have made a lengthy PowerPoint presentation and want to burn it on a blank DVD so I can put it in a DVD player and show it on a TV. Is this possible, or can I bring the PowerPoint presentation into Media Creator 10 without having to redo the whole presentation on Media Creator in a slide show? If this is my only option, which program in Media Creator do I use to make a slide show with caption, pictures and scanned pictures?

Allan Mac

3 answers to this question

I have been using Acoolsoft's PPT2DVD program for some time now and it works perfect for converting a MS PPS to DVD. After conversion I have used it in EMC 9 & 10 Videowave and MYDVD programs and it works great including being able to edit it. Not free but there is a trial version if you would like to try it. Something I was wondering when I first got it was if it would transfer the audio in the PPS as well. And it does very nicely.

Frank...

PowerPoint is a proprietary file format that would have to be converted/rendered to video before you can use it in MyDVD. There are several commercial applications designed to do just that. Just use your favorite search engine on the net.

I have made a lengthy PowerPoint presentation and want to burn it on a blank DVD so I can put it in a DVD player and show it on a TV. Is this possible, or can I bring the PowerPoint presentation into Media Creator 10 without having to redo the whole presentation on Media Creator in a slide show? If this is my only option, which program in Media Creator do I use to make a slide show with caption, pictures and scanned pictures?

Allan Mac

If you only have this one or if you are going to do a whole lot more, I suggest Camtasia Studio. It is expensive but it works great. You can read about it and download a 30 day trial (to try it on this one presentation). If you are an educator and plan on doing a whole lot more, then there is a significant discount.

There is a free download of Camtasia Studio 3 (obsolete) on this site. I don't know anything about the site. I think that Camtasia Studio 3 will handle the Power Point presentation also.

Archived