• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Wave Rendering Problems

weewillystine

Question

I'm having some rendering problems with Video Wave.

Mostly I'm creating videos from stills with occasional video clips. I usually use motion on the stills and simple transitions (cuts or fades). I usually have background music with separately recorded voice-overs.

I'm creating 16:9 MPEG-2 High Definition 720p output.

Generally, the problems are usually evident in preview but videos are often long. Sometimes, after a successful preview, another preview will display problems. Problems in preview always show up when rendering to final. The problems I most often encounter are:

• Some photos suddenly don't render. If I open them to edit and close they then render correctly. (I have NOT moved photo files.)
  • I suddenly lose all transitions, getting only cuts. Editing out transitions themes and re-adding a fades theme will SOMETIMES restore them.

My environment is:

• HP-Pavilion running Vista Home Premium
  • Intel Core2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz
  • American Megatrends Inc. BIOS 5.03, 6/1/2007
  • 3 MB Memory
  • NVIDIA GeForce 7350 LE
  • Realtek High Definition Audio
  • Video Wave - Easy Media Creator 10 (Build 100B44B ENU)
  • There's lots of room on the hard drive.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bill Stine

6 answers to this question

Are you using hardware or software render? ( Go to Tools/ Options )

If you're using hardware render, try the software render.

I was using hardware render. (I confess to not understanding why one should work and not the other.) I switched to software as you suggest. A quick look at a couple of productions shows no problems but I'll have to get a bit more experience to have confidence.

Is your production under 1 hour long?

Yes. Typically, I create chapters that are three to eight minutes long, create individual chapter video files and then combine them into a final productions that may be 20 to 50 minutes long. Final productions run up to about 1,000 images and video clips.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Bill Stine

Personally I think that the Hardware render was something that showed great promise at the time it was introduced (v8?). However it has not proven to be so in the field!

Those that don't have a problem with cannot phantom the difficulties of those that do… My PC bogs down to the extent I feel like I am using a 286 again.

We have been encouraging them to dump it for some time but can't seem to get around someone's ego…

wow thx alot. i really didnt understand what you guys were talking about but i had this problem in video wave where the preview area/video thing would look all wierd like it would look like it was cut out to fit into the screen and when i put it in software rendering it worked fine.

my laptop specs-

intel xoew duo t5500 at 1.83 ghz

3gig ddr

nvidia 9500m gs 512 mb dedicated/ up to 1791mb

Are you using hardware or software render? ( Go to Tools/ Options )

If you're using hardware render, try the software render.

Is your production under 1 hour long?

Archived