Lightscribe Label Preview

spetrillo

Question

Evening all,

I am trying to use Label Creator to create a LIghtscribe label. I am able to populate my template with the jpeg image that I want to use as my label, but when I go to print it the preview shows no image, and nothing but dark is burned on the DVD. Am I doing something wrong? I had followed the sticky on using Label Creator but being a newbie I am betting I have missed something important.

As an aside I tried using the Lightscribe Template Labeller from lightscribe.com and it worked well with the same jpeg.

Thanks,

Steve

16 answers to this question

Yes, I've ran the Utility and it returns a clean bill of health.

Just to let you know, SP3 perhaps screwed up parts of Label Creator. I just printed a label direct to disc and it came out very dark. The printer's software printed with the correct colors.

Yes I did try that.

I also did a clean installation of Easy Media Creator 10.

I have tried selecting one of there layouts and deleted everything on it and tried my own image. Still no luck.

I finally got it. I uninstalled Lightscribe software(for the 2nd time) and reinstalled it......and now it works. Thanks everyone!!

Now that you have everything installed from LightScribe, try it again… Move the image to a different spot on the CD Label and you can reuse the disc that didn't work, as a test.

Jim,

Tried again but still no luck. I can see in the bottom left corner of the print dialog box my image on the DVD template, but the preview is completely dark. Print quality is set to normal and print disc outline and print center/core label are left unchecked.

Steve

Evening all,

I am trying to use Label Creator to create a LIghtscribe label. I am able to populate my template with the jpeg image that I want to use as my label, but when I go to print it the preview shows no image, and nothing but dark is burned on the DVD. Am I doing something wrong? I had followed the sticky on using Label Creator but being a newbie I am betting I have missed something important.

As an aside I tried using the Lightscribe Template Labeller from lightscribe.com and it worked well with the same jpeg.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

Did you ever figure out what was wrong??? or if there was anything wrong. Mine does the same thing. I can print with the lightscribe program but the Label Creator just prints a round ring.

Thanks

Steve,

Did you ever figure out what was wrong??? or if there was anything wrong. Mine does the same thing. I can print with the lightscribe program but the Label Creator just prints a round ring.

Thanks

Do not select the Lightscribe template (just the ring) as the background. Use one of the others or use your own images as the background.

You are not alone in trying to use that "ring" template; it is confusing. Create the label as you would do if you used a printer and then just select your lightscribe disc burner as the "printer".

Steve,

Thanks

Your problem is NOT THE SAME THING. The OP didn't get anything printed but dark, over the entire disc.

The LightScribe label that you picked is a text template. That will produce a ring, if you add an image. Use any of the regular templates, doctor them up any way you want, and print to your LightScribe burner.

Don't know what to say…

I have had 2 LightScribe printers and after installing drivers from LightScribe's site, both ran on first try.

Very weird considering the Lightscribe template labeller works perfectly. At least I have one labeller working.

On the topic of labels would you know of any sites where I can find high quality DVD cover art and box art. I am compiling all 9 seasons of the X-Files, and would love to find high quality box cover images to use in my menus.

Thanks,

Steve

The OP hasn't been back from May so presumably what Gebi told him worked - did you try that yourself?

Yes I did try that.

I also did a clean installation of Easy Media Creator 10.

I have tried selecting one of there layouts and deleted everything on it and tried my own image. Still no luck.

Jim,

Tried again but still no luck. I can see in the bottom left corner of the print dialog box my image on the DVD template, but the preview is completely dark. Print quality is set to normal and print disc outline and print center/core label are left unchecked.

Steve

If you can see the both checkboxes, you did not choose your burner for your printout from the dropdown line on the top of the print template.

What do you read there ? Is there your "normal" printer shown?

If yes, you have to click on the down arrow behind the line and choose your burner for the lightscribe printing!

If your burner is not shown in this dropdown menu, you should download and run the "Diagnostictool" from the LightScribe site and let it correct the lightscribe settings in your registry.

After that, also 'Label Creator' should work propperly. :)

Steve,

Thanks

:unsure:I'm having a similar problem of the Print Preview not showing the image / info and the whole disk gets burned and comes out completely dark. It was working intermittently for a long time but now it doesn't work at all. I found it worked best after a reboot and it would become intermittent or quit altogether if I put the PC on standby. I've tried uninstalling the V10 EMC Suite and reinstalling the V10.1 update but it didn't help. I tried the Demo labeling software from the Light Scribe web site and it works fine. I noticed this happened and hasn't worked at all after I upgraded to Windows XP SP3. SP3 fixed several other issues I was having but it may have caused my Label Creator to finally bite the dust. Let me know if anyone finds a solution!

Archived