Dual Layer Dvd Only Showing 1gb Capacity

Frick

Question

6 answers to this question

What brand and type of DL disc are you trying? What Mac and drive do you have? If you insert the disc and choose Disc Info from the Recorder Settings window how is the disc described?

What brand and type of DL disc are you trying? What Mac and drive do you have? If you insert the disc and choose Disc Info from the Recorder Settings window how is the disc described?

Verbatim DVD+R DL. Macbook pro intel w/Matishita drive. OSX 10.5 When I go to disc info it says:

Meduim Type: Dvd+r double layer

DVD Book Type: DVD+R DL

Space Available: 7.96GB

Space used: 0kb

Write Speed 2k

Verbatim DVD+R DL. Macbook pro intel w/Matishita drive. OSX 10.5 When I go to disc info it says:

Meduim Type: Dvd+r double layer

DVD Book Type: DVD+R DL

Space Available: 7.96GB

Space used: 0kb

Write Speed 2k

That's all correct. Where do you see that only 1GB is available? I have a MacBook Pro but it has a different manufacturer of Superdrive.

Did you select DVD DL as the media type in the button that's just above the red burn button?

That's all correct. Where do you see that only 1GB is available? I have a MacBook Pro but it has a different manufacturer of Superdrive.

Did you select DVD DL as the media type in the button that's just above the red burn button?

Yes I did. When I attempt to add 7gb worth of data it wants to span 7 discs... I did change the media type....

Yes I did. When I attempt to add 7gb worth of data it wants to span 7 discs... I did change the media type....

I wonder if my standard reply of trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder may help here. And you might want to reinstall Toast, too.

Also, since you are trying to burn to one disc you can choose Save as Disc Image and then burn that .toast file to the DL disc using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

I wonder if my standard reply of trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder may help here. And you might want to reinstall Toast, too.

Also, since you are trying to burn to one disc you can choose Save as Disc Image and then burn that .toast file to the DL disc using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

deleting the Plist worked thanks for your help!

Archived