• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Downloading And Installation Hell

sturner

Question

I have spent over an hour and a half, downloading and 3 separate attemtpts to load the intial installation of Easy Media Creator Suite 10.

To say that I am frustrated and angry is an understatement. What I would like to type in here are obscene and vulgar words describing my contempt and disgust with the web desginers and software engineers that made the abortion that I have had to endure.

All of my prior experiences with Roxio have been very pleasant. Naturally those have been with the Toast product. Of course installation with that product was easy, clean and swift, without having to download 1.5 GB of ancillary "value added" content. Of course it was easy, it was a Macintosh product.

What is it with Windows programmers that makes them think that "oh, it computing, it has to be difficult."

Why is my experience with this slow, agonizing install process so frustrating? Because it didin't have to be this way. If I spend $100 for a software product, just give me the product without making me endure loading all this other dross.

All I wanted was a good, efficient, and effective CD/DVD burner. With my experience with Toast I thought Roxio would duplicate it with Easy Media Creator. Oh wrong I was!

Is it really the intention of Roxio to *^$$ off customers, or is management and the development staff so ignorant of what they do?

6 answers to this question

Very sorry for your anger sturner, but instead of bad mouthing the Roxio programers and EMC10, you might have given the forum a bit of information as to just what your computer makeup is, some facts as to what were some of the problems you encountered. How do you expect anyone on the forum to help when we have no idea of what "You" might have done that caused the problem. So give us some facts and we will be more than happy to try and help with you installation problems.

Frank...

Very sorry for your anger sturner, but instead of bad mouthing the Roxio programers and EMC10, you might have given the forum a bit of information as to just what your computer makeup is, some facts as to what were some of the problems you encountered. How do you expect anyone on the forum to help when we have no idea of what "You" might have done that caused the problem. So give us some facts and we will be more than happy to try and help with you installation problems.

Frank...

As a customer I have an expectation that instructions be given up front as to which downloaded files should be run first for installation, rather than letting me find out by experiementation which is the primary installation file. I also have an expectation that the downloaded files will run correctly, which they did not the first two times.

I also have an expectation that it will take less than the 10 minutes to install and when it does, it won't be asking me to load in "value added" software from Google!

What I did to cause the problem was that I am required to work using Microsoft Windows.

I am an angry customer. And I don't really give two cents who knows it. In fact I am more than willing to tell other customers, or prospective customers what a crappy experience I had.

The third attempt to install was successful, slow, but successful. It still doesn't rectify the initial problems.

The third attempt to install was successful, slow, but successful. It still doesn't rectify the initial problems.

What did you do the third time to get it to install -- for the benefit of others who may run into an install problem?

Just in case, do not run registry cleaners on that computer until you have set the cleaner to ignore the Roxio keys. There is a specific key; search this site.

What did you do the third time to get it to install -- for the benefit of others who may run into an install problem?

Just in case, do not run registry cleaners on that computer until you have set the cleaner to ignore the Roxio keys. There is a specific key; search this site.

Link to the registry key post....

cd

Archived