Tivo 720p Conversion For Ntsc Dvd

justlen

Question

I have successfully downloaded some HDTV (720p) material from my Tivo using Tivo Transfer. When I select "Toast It" and create a DVD the DVD plays back on my regular DVD Player but the audio and video are messed up. It looks like the video is dropping frames and the audio is quite choppy. Also, the overall play time is cut almost in half.

I noticed the original file is 1280x720 at 59.94fps. The final video burned on the DVD is 720x480, but I am wondering if Toast is not correctly fixing the framerate.

This is on Toast Titanium 8.03. Any ideas?

4 answers to this question

Since 8.0.4 is available and "resolves a number of TiVo related audio/video sync issues", you can give it a try and see if it resolves the issue for you

I upgraded to 8.0.4 and went through the process with the same results. Appreciate the tip though.

Did the sync problem happen every 720p TiVo file you try?

Yessir, tried several shows. The originals playback normally on my Mac, but the DVDs I burned have the stuttering audio and video when played back on both the DVD player and the Mac. It's almost like it's dropping every other frame of video and the subsequent audio. It's stuttering and seems speeded up.

Archived