• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error Printing In Label Creator - Won't Print To Printers

dehook

Question

Sytem is a Dell XPS 630. Using EMC 10 Label creator, I cannot print to the installed printers. (HP Color Laserjet 2605 and a Epson R320) This is when trying to print to paper labels.

The printers will do the test page and alignment setup. but when I print a label, A Lightscribe "The Drive is already in use and cannot be Selected" Error appears.

The biggest problem is The system does not contain a lightscribe drive, and never has.

This error renders Label Creator unusable. Please help .

25 answers to this question

Why would I install drivers for Lightscribe ? The system DOES NOT HAVE a Lightscribe drive ? ie: there is NO drive capable of Lightscribe installed in the box, nor has ther ever been. I could print fine to labels before un installing the LE version of Creator 9 and installing the Deluxe version 10 which I bought.

If your printing onto a CD/DVD with the Epson, follow the instructions Here.

Modify them and go into printer Properties from within Label Creator to pick tray, source size etc.

This is not when printing to a disc (I have no printable discs), I am just trying to print to paper or a label. It happens with both the HP laserjet and the Epson inkjet.

This is in Vista SP1 . It happens with both Sonic Express or Roxio label creator. But any other program I have that uses the printer works perfectly. This is with Any label style, with or without graphics, from blank template or a Roxio supplied template.

No need to worry about wasting supplies here, it never puts any ink on the paper !

One of the people from Roxio is looking into the problem, but there's no telling how long it'll take to find out if there is a solution.

Why would I install drivers for Lightscribe ? The system DOES NOT HAVE a Lightscribe drive ? ie: there is NO drive capable of Lightscribe installed in the box, nor has ther ever been. I could print fine to labels before un installing the LE version of Creator 9 and installing the Deluxe version 10 which I bought.

This is not when printing to a disc (I have no printable discs), I am just trying to print to paper or a label. It happens with both the HP laserjet and the Epson inkjet.

Why are you trying to print a LightScribe label? You don't have a LightScribe burner, so pick a different template.

Why are you trying to print a LightScribe label? You don't have a LightScribe burner, so pick a different template.

I'm not sure what would give you the idea that I am trying to print a light scribe label. I am not. I have tried using blank templates or several of the Roxio templates included.

I have no lightscribe burner nor lightscribe software or templates

I do not know where the lightscribe error is coming from, as there is NOTHING lightscribe installed in the computer !

This problem appeared with EMC 10, it did not exist with ezcd 9 on this machine.

I just thought I would add that we are looking into this situation. Its kind of funky and i cant quite figure out why it is doing what it is doing. Unfortunately I don't have an answer as of yet, but I wanted to let you know that we care and we are doing some things behind the scenes to see if we can help get this sorted out.

I'm getting the same error that you are when trying to print to the Epson printer attached to my computer. I don't know the solution though......

I'm not sure what would give you the idea that I am trying to print a light scribe label. I am not. I have tried using blank templates or several of the Roxio templates included.

I have no lightscribe burner nor lightscribe software or templates

I do not know where the lightscribe error is coming from, as there is NOTHING lightscribe installed in the computer !

This problem appeared with EMC 10, it did not exist with ezcd 9 on this machine.

I misread the 4th sentence in your first post. It can be read as you are printing a label, a LightScribe label. Sorry about that.

This may or may not be related to the Label Creator problem, but the Install Shield updater gives Error -3 when looking for updates.

Probably not. There are no updates for EMC 10 ( except for one that you don't need since your program is installed.)

I have no solution yet, but using EMC 10 Suite in Vista I can print a disc label to plain paper in my Epson R230 from either the Sonic Express Labeler or the Roxio Label Creator.

ML and dehook, does this happen every time you try to print anything from either of the two disc labelers or does it only happen with one of them? Is there a particular theme/style or label type which produces the fault?

I'm trying to produce the fault, but of course I'd like to stick to the simplest label which causes you problems, to save time and ink.

I'm running this in Vista. Do I need to go try it in XP ??

Regards,

Brendon

I have no solution yet, but using EMC 10 Suite in Vista I can print a disc label to plain paper in my Epson R230 from either the Sonic Express Labeler or the Roxio Label Creator.

ML and dehook, does this happen every time you try to print anything from either of the two disc labelers or does it only happen with one of them? Is there a particular theme/style or label type which produces the fault?

I'm trying to produce the fault, but of course I'd like to stick to the simplest label which causes you problems, to save time and ink.

Regards,

Brendon

I've tried it in both with the same results using various types of cd templates. ( I'm using Vista. )

I hit Print, Ok, ( I've cancelled the calibrate and load paper boxes), so I immediately get the error message.

Once I either hit the 'cancel' or 'x', the printer feeds a blank piece of paper through the printer.

hi there

just to flag this topic again as i am having the exact same problem; unable to print out dvd cover with the lightscribe error: the drive is already in use and cannot be selected. refuses to print the cover but then chucks out 2 blank sheets of paper.

i am running vista home edition (basic)

but i have found a programme lightscribe optical disc kit in my list of programmes, but this relates to my dvd/cd players/copiers.

any answers? have i missed a thread with the solution?

regards

saddic

Sytem is a Dell XPS 630. Using EMC 10 Label creator, I cannot print to the installed printers. (HP Color Laserjet 2605 and a Epson R320)

The printers will do the test page and alignment setup. but when I print a label, A Lightscribe "The Drive is already in use and cannot be Selected" Error appears.

The biggest problem is The system does not contain a lightscribe drive, and never has.

This error renders Label Creator unusable. Please help .

Have you tried http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadSection/

Thank you ML.

I've tried it every which way, and I can't get the program to try doing Lightscribey things. [i don't have an LS drive or drivers] I'm sorry, but at this point I can't replicate the problem so I'm stuck and can't help you :(

Brendon

I've tried it in both with the same results using various types of cd templates. ( I'm using Vista. )

I hit Print, Ok, ( I've cancelled the calibrate and load paper boxes), so I immediately get the error message.

Once I either hit the 'cancel' or 'x', the printer feeds a blank piece of paper through the printer.

My system behaves EXACTLY the same, blank page and all.

Doug

Regards,

Brendon

This is in Vista SP1 . It happens with both Sonic Express or Roxio label creator. But any other program I have that uses the printer works perfectly. This is with Any label style, with or without graphics, from blank template or a Roxio supplied template.

No need to worry about wasting supplies here, it never puts any ink on the paper !

Doug

I found out, that the selection options in the print window are related to the Highlighted Objekt in the main window.

In other words, if you want the lightscribe option, the Disk Cover and only the Disk Cover must be highlighted in both windows. Otherwise the Burner is not selectable.

Archived