• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can Not Burn Blu-ray!

banders100

Question

I have posted regarding this before and still have no answers. I can not burn a DVD or blu-ray disc. DVDit goes through the whole 5 HOUR ordeal, then gives me the following error: UNEXPECTED DEVICE SENSE CODE: %0 --27240. Does ANYONE know anything about this? It's getting very frustrating! I switched from Adobe Encore so I wouldn't get errors on EVERY project, now again, I get ERRORS on EVERY PROJECT!

5 answers to this question

well, the error is because something between the program and your DVD/BD writer got hosed. likely something else you installed got in between the two or some windows update did something. so the question is how to reestablish the contact with the burner. have you done a clean install where you clear out your registries? have you tried to update your firmware on the drive? maybe your PX engine (the burning engine) got corrupted somehow. When you reinstall, take the PX.dll out of the Windows/System32 folder and then reinstall the program so it will reinstall that file again. if you want to check if any of those works, do a 5 minute (not 5 hour) test. with this error, a small project will fail the same as a big project.

If all else fails, you can always do a two step process is ok (and I know that is not optimal), you can output a volume with DVDit Pro HD and burn that volume to Blu-ray disc with the IMGBRN freeware using UDF 2.5

Thanks Scott, I'll give it a try.

I have posted regarding this before and still have no answers. I can not burn a DVD or blu-ray disc. DVDit goes through the whole 5 HOUR ordeal, then gives me the following error: UNEXPECTED DEVICE SENSE CODE: %0 --27240. Does ANYONE know anything about this? It's getting very frustrating! I switched from Adobe Encore so I wouldn't get errors on EVERY project, now again, I get ERRORS on EVERY PROJECT!

question 1: did you burn to volume first?

question 2: does any other program write to your dvd/blu ray burner?

I kept getting the same error intermittently after authoring around 12 different blu-ray discs - found my hard drive was too full and needed defragmenting - took care of the problem - but I don't pretend it is a "cure all".

I know my hard drive isn't full as I'm only using about 350GB of a 4 TB RAID o Drive. As for creating volume, that does work, but burning to disc is what I'm trying to do and it had worked before, but now it doesn't. The software does give me the option to burn to disc. I just expect it to do what it says it will do, that's what I paid for.

well, the error is because something between the program and your DVD/BD writer got hosed. likely something else you installed got in between the two or some windows update did something. so the question is how to reestablish the contact with the burner. have you done a clean install where you clear out your registries? have you tried to update your firmware on the drive? maybe your PX engine (the burning engine) got corrupted somehow. When you reinstall, take the PX.dll out of the Windows/System32 folder and then reinstall the program so it will reinstall that file again. if you want to check if any of those works, do a 5 minute (not 5 hour) test. with this error, a small project will fail the same as a big project.

If all else fails, you can always do a two step process is ok (and I know that is not optimal), you can output a volume with DVDit Pro HD and burn that volume to Blu-ray disc with the IMGBRN freeware using UDF 2.5

Archived