Can't Write An Audio Cd On A Blank Dvd+r

Roxionewbie

Question

I'm trying to use the Create Audio CD for Car or Home CD Player function. I add music. Under Destination Selection I choose my E: drive: Optiarc DVDRW DL. Under Audio CD, I click the RED button to continue after I insert a DVD+R in the E: drive. Roxio keep ejecting my DVD+R with a "Please insert a blank CD..."it does say that DVD+R is supportable, but it continues to not recognize it. I know the drive can be read, because Roxio can actually read the disk label and tells me all the stats and the fact that it has 4.+ GB free. How can I make this work?

I am running a Dell Vostro 200 with XP, Home Edition SP2 with Roxio Creator 9 that came with the Dell.

4 answers to this question

The error message I keep getting states: "Please insert a blank rewritable CD ito the Optiarc DVDRW DL (E:) Drive:

Supported media: CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL"

That seems to pretty clearly indicate that DVD+R should be recognized. Like I said before the Roxio program actually can read the disk and give me disk information using another function.

The error message I keep getting states: "Please insert a blank rewritable CD ito the Optiarc DVDRW DL (E:) Drive:

That seems to pretty clearly indicate that DVD+R should be recognized. Like I said before the Roxio program actually can read the disk and give me disk information using another function.

I'm trying to use the Create Audio CD for Car or Home CD Player function.

Roxionewbie,

What Brendon told you is correct! When you make a Audio CD it requires a CD, no one can burn a Audio CD project to a DVD even though your burner supports a DVD+R. Do you understand it now?

cd

Read these (from Wikipedia) DVD (link), ; CD (link)

You can also make an DVD Music Disc from the Music Disc Creator application but that will only play on a DVD player. CD players cannot read the format of a DVD. Many (but not all) DVD players can read a CD.

Archived