• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning Pictures In Mydvd

hakan b

Question

:rolleyes: My EMC9 works quiet well but I cannot burn the project if I incorporate pictures (jpg).

The very same project (including pictures) can be burnt on an other computer at my office.

I can copy and make copies from a iso-file and I can burn a DVD-movie inserted in a project.

I have been looking for updates to EMC9 but there are none for XP.

I have checked all Rox Annes proposals.

I unistalled my Nero.

I made lots of other things I do not remember.

I am using a AMD64 Athlon (from dec 2005), Nvidia Geforce (256 MB) (no updates available),

a LG DVD-burner installed recently.

My computer works quiet well with all other programs.

Where is the problem? What kind of conflict is there on my computer?

Please help.

9 answers to this question

There are 35 different programs in the box… Without details all you are telling us is that 'my car won't start!'

We will need the detail you left out to make a guess.

First I am very grateful you replyed so fast.

I am using Easy Media Creator 9 and the program MyDVD.

1. I have tested this from RoxAnne:

Update your drive's firmware/drivers. NOT POSSIBLE BECAUSE XP RESTORES IT'S OWN FIRMWARE (Micro Soft 2001)

Enable DMA. DMA IS ENABLED

The media. Check the following:

The disc is clean and unused. OK.

The media is recommended. OK AND WORKS WITH THE BURNER IN OTHER WAYS.

Update to the latest PX Engine. DONE.

A reinstall of the burner's drivers may also help. DONE SERVERAL TIMES ALSO TAKING AWAY AN OLD BURNER.

2. The pictures comes from Photoshop 6.0 and are jpegs.

3. The burner is LG GSA 4163b

4. The videocard NVIDIA Geforce 6200 Turbo cache - NO UPDATES AVAILABLE.

5. Nero uninstalled.

Can other prgrammes like Power DVD make troubbles?

hakan b

QUOTE (hakan b @ May 7 2008, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Update your drive's firmware/drivers. NOT POSSIBLE BECAUSE XP RESTORES IT'S OWN FIRMWARE (Micro Soft 2001)

I don't understand what this means - Xp does not restore firmware since firmware is the "software" that is updated in the burner and really has nothing to do with XP.

Exactly what is happening when your problem occurs? What are you trying to create: a slideshow or video DVD?

You will have to give some detail on exactly what you are doing. Have you tried using Videowave to create your project (assuming its a slideshow/video project). Using VW is the recommended way of assembling a video project and myDVD is used to author & burn the DVD.

QUOTE (hakan b @ May 7 2008, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First I am very grateful you replyed so fast.

I am using Easy Media Creator 9 and the program MyDVD.

Enable DMA. DMA IS ENABLED

You get the firmware, for your burner, from the manufacturer of the burner, not Microsoft.

I don't understand what this means - Xp does not restore firmware since firmware is the "software" that is updated in the burner and really has nothing to do with XP.

Exactly what is happening when your problem occurs? What are you trying to create: a slideshow or video DVD?

You will have to give some detail on exactly what you are doing. Have you tried using Videowave to create your project (assuming its a slideshow/video project). Using VW is the recommended way of assembling a video project and myDVD is used to author & burn the DVD.

Accordning do my computerdealer it is "normal" that XP uses its own firmware/driver, you can only force your computer to install another firmware for a DVD-burner he says. I have changed the firmware, but it is not installed even if my computer says so.

I started my project in Videowave and completed it in MyDVD. What is happening is this: when I burn a project with ONLY videofilm it burns. If I add ONE SINGLE picture (jpg) it starts burning creating a catalog - which is empty. It stops burning and the program is "going on" but doing nothing for up to 2½ hours. If I stop the program it hangs and I have to reboot. I would like to create a combinated videofilm with interlaced pictures/slideshows.

But remember: I can still take the whole project to my office and burn the whole thing there! But it is impractible.

hakan b

You or your 'computerdealer' are mistaken about Firmware. It is called Firmware because it is not Software which can be readily changed.

I am curious. You are using terms that don't make sense to us like videofilm & catalog. What language do you normally work in?

I would try doing an Output As from VideoWave to see if it will render the project with pictures and video into an mpg file.

You may also want to go under Tools and set the Render to Software.

You or your 'computerdealer' are mistaken about Firmware. It is called Firmware because it is not Software which can be readily changed.

I am curious. You are using terms that don't make sense to us like videofilm & catalog. What language do you normally work in?

I would try doing an Output As from VideoWave to see if it will render the project with pictures and video into an mpg file.

You may also want to go under Tools and set the Render to Software.

Do you think that the OP wants to have the video and have just images on the DVD (not a slide show) as if it were a combo DVD video disc with a data disc?

To the OP:

If you want something like that, use Video Wave to create a slide show with the images you want on the disc. Add the video project and the slide show project onto the menu. Go to project settings and make sure that the box for archive images is checked. That way you will be able to watch the video and the slide show in a DVD player and also explore the disc for the original images.

Remember a total of 1 hour of best quality video (video plus slide show) on a single sided DVD. By having the images on the disc, you will significantly reduce the available time on the disc.

There is another way of doing it using a video folder and then adding the images and burning that to a disc using Creator Classic but I've never done it that way and it is a bit involved. I'm sure someone else will add to this thread with more detailed instructions re the video folder if that is what you are after.

post-58-1210251949.jpg

There is another way of doing it using a video folder and then adding the images and burning that to a disc using Creator Classic but I've never done it that way and it is a bit involved. I'm sure someone else will add to this thread with more detailed instructions re the video folder if that is what you are after.

Take a look at this post.

Archived