Can't Install Emc 10

RamonMiFaSol

Question

Hi, :blink:

I've been trying to install EMC10 and so far all I've got is a big headache. I insert the CD and the wizard starts fine, I enter the CD key and next I choose to perform a complete install. The installation continues WITHOUT any errors and the wizard indicates that the installation has finished. BUT it never installed anything as I never found any traces of the software on my computer. I checked the program files folder and there's nothing. The weird thing is that the installation takes little time, I would say less than 3mins or so and I know by experience that this kind of software takes way longer that that. I ran and then dissabled all antivirus/spyware software before trying to install EMC10 and I see no reason for the install not to work.

Please help!

14 answers to this question

Did you by chance have any other version of the software installed before?If so then you'll need to follow the Clean Install directions first to get rid of the previous version.That would probably be a good thing to do anyways since the first install didn't take.

Another thing you might try is getting Windows Install Cleanup Utility and running it and removing any Roxio or Sonic entries (if any).

Did you by chance have any other version of the software installed before?If so then you'll need to follow the Clean Install directions first to get rid of the previous version.That would probably be a good thing to do anyways since the first install didn't take.

Another thing you might try is getting Windows Install Cleanup Utility and running it and removing any Roxio or Sonic entries (if any).

No, I have not. This is the first time I purchace a Roxio product. Thanks.

Ok,first off go here and download the latest Windows Installer and install it.

Next,go here and print and follow the directions for a Clean Install.Make sure to follow them exactly.Those are for Vista.If you use XP there is a link at the bottom of that page to get the instructions for XP.

While you're doing the Clean Install (uninstall) it's going to ask you to run Windows Install Cleanup Utility.You can get it here.

Once you've done all that try and reinstall and see what happens.

Ok,first off go here and download the latest Windows Installer and install it.

Next,go here and print and follow the directions for a Clean Install.Make sure to follow them exactly.Those are for Vista.If you use XP there is a link at the bottom of that page to get the instructions for XP.

While you're doing the Clean Install (uninstall) it's going to ask you to run Windows Install Cleanup Utility.You can get it here.

Once you've done all that try and reinstall and see what happens.

Thanks! I'll try and let you know my friend.

Ha!!! I think we caught the culprit. Although the DirectXInstallService is not up and running and nowhere to be found, while checking the Event Viewer

tool I found something very interesting though. I decided to check the "Event Viewer" tool for errors and the DirectXInstallService logged this error;

"Product:DirectXInstallService--Error 1920 Service SessionLauncher failed to start." I have no idea why this is happening but probably whatever caused

it to fail could be messing the EMC10 install.

Another thing is that right after this error I found a "Failed to connect to server" warning followed by an information entry saying: "Product: Roxio Update Manager--Installation completed successfully" and again followed by another "Failed to connect to server" warning. Then another information entry says: Product: Roxio Central Tools--Installation completed successfully and goes on and on for each Roxio EMC10 module. All this happened when the EMC10 install program starts the installation after entering the CD key and selecting what type of install I want. I wish I could cut and paste these in here or put it as an attachment but I couldn't find a way to do so in here.

Well, stop staring at this email and tell me what do you think, ha, ha!!! :)

Hi,

I'm still unable to install EMC10 Suite and am about to give up. I installed the latest version of DirectX thinking that doing so would fix the problem but it seems as though the issue is more complex than that. I was thinking, I have Nero 7 Ultra Edition installed as well as Creative Media Source 5 and am wondering if they conflict with EMC10 but I don't see that in the "Event Viewer" tool.

Please keep the juices flowing and let me know if you have more suggestions. THANKS!

Hi Guys,

I finally got EMC10 installed and ruinning. I thought I updated this post before but I guess I didn't. I contacted customer support and I was asked to download and install the updated version. So that's what I did and voilá it worked. So if any of you haven't tried it yet and still are still having problems installing EMC10, give it a try. I saved the updated version in a DVD for safekeeping and am using the original CD from the box as a nice piece of decor for my dog's hose. Thanks guys for all your suggestions, I learned a lot. :)

I had that happen once and I followed what I told you and it cleared the problem.Good luck.

Hi my Friend,

Well, I followed the instructions from A-Z religiously and am sad to inform that it didn't work. While doing setp 4 of the "Clean Installation of Easy Media Creator" for Windows XP, I didn't find any Roxio or Sonic folders in both "Program Files" and "Program Files/Common Files". Also there wasn't any Roxio or Sonic folders in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data, C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data, C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data, C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Application Data. When I open the registry for step 6 I found no entries at all for Roxio or Sonic. I double checked by running "Registry Seeker".

How come there's no reference at all to Roxio in my system after the EMC 10 installer wizard finished successfully even in a very short time? And I thought this was going to be an easy install. This is a pain in the b... if you know what I mean.

Do you have more ideas? Please let me know. I really appreciate your help.

The Application Data folders are hidden by default - you have to go to tools and get it to 'show hidden files and folders'

It's a MS thing - can't think why they hid them but they did

The Application Data folders are hidden by default - you have to go to tools and get it to 'show hidden files and folders'

It's a MS thing - can't think why they hid them but they did

I have setup all folders in my system to show hidden files and folders way long time ago. I also searched my hard drive and didn't find anything.

A bit of a long shot here (but one I had with a completely different program)

Right click on Program Files and go to Properties. Clear the 'Read Only' box (for some strange reason doze keeps setting folders read only no matter what you do to stop it)

Also, try copying the DVD contents to a temp folder anywhere on the computer and run setup.exe from there and see if that helps

I have setup all folders in my system to show hidden files and folders way long time ago. I also searched my hard drive and didn't find anything.

You didn't find any of those folders/files, because your software never installed.

Try this, even though it is a pain. I am making the assumption that you have one DVD, not 2 CD's for the software. Make a temp folder on your hard drive, and copy the contents of the DVD, to that folder. Then, take the DVD out of your drive, browse to the folder you made, and run the setup from there.

You didn't find any of those folders/files, because your software never installed.

Try this, even though it is a pain. I am making the assumption that you have one DVD, not 2 CD's for the software. Make a temp folder on your hard drive, and copy the contents of the DVD, to that folder. Then, take the DVD out of your drive, browse to the folder you made, and run the setup from there.

Hi my friend,

Still no luck installing the software after copying the contents of the DVD into a Temporary folder and running the setup.exe I'm wondering if there's a compatibility list of software or MS Windows updates. Maybe there's a program or MS Windows update that prevents the install. At this point my brain is smoking badly. What else can I try? Do you think my copy of EMC Suite 10 is defective? Thanks!

Hi my friend,

Still no luck installing the software after copying the contents of the DVD into a Temporary folder and running the setup.exe I'm wondering if there's a compatibility list of software or MS Windows updates. Maybe there's a program or MS Windows update that prevents the install. At this point my brain is smoking badly. What else can I try? Do you think my copy of EMC Suite 10 is defective? Thanks!

Try the following and see if it helps:

******** Service that sometimes causes problems when installing EMC 10

See if this resolves the problem for you:

Download Windows Installer Cleanup utility from here...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Install it, run it, and remove DirectXInstallService.

Now try the install again.

Try the following and see if it helps:

******** Service that sometimes causes problems when installing EMC 10

See if this resolves the problem for you:

Download Windows Installer Cleanup utility from here...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Install it, run it, and remove DirectXInstallService.

Now try the install again.

Ha!!! I think we caught the culprit. Although the DirectXInstallService is not up and running and nowhere to be found, while checking the Event Viewer

tool I found something very interesting though. I decided to check the "Event Viewer" tool for errors and the DirectXInstallService logged this error;

"Product:DirectXInstallService--Error 1920 Service SessionLauncher failed to start." I have no idea why this is happening but probably whatever caused

it to fail could be messing the EMC10 install.

Another thing is that right after this error I found a "Failed to connect to server" warning followed by an information entry saying: "Product: Roxio Update Manager--Installation completed successfully" and again followed by another "Failed to connect to server" warning. Then another information entry says: Product: Roxio Central Tools--Installation completed successfully and goes on and on for each Roxio EMC10 module. All this happened when the EMC10 install program starts the installation after entering the CD key and selecting what type of install I want. I wish I could cut and paste these in here or put it as an attachment but I couldn't find a way to do so in here.

Well, stop staring at this email and tell me what do you think, ha, ha!!! :)

Hi,

I'm still unable to install EMC10 Suite and am about to give up. I installed the latest version of DirectX thinking that doing so would fix the problem but it seems as though the issue is more complex than that. I was thinking, I have Nero 7 Ultra Edition installed as well as Creative Media Source 5 and am wondering if they conflict with EMC10 but I don't see that in the "Event Viewer" tool.

Please keep the juices flowing and let me know if you have more suggestions. THANKS!

Archived