• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio 10 Gets Stuck In "rewind"

Mike.S

Question

Sometimes while working with Roxio 10 VideoWave, I will adjust the playhead manually (either forward or reverse) to a new spot on the Timeline, and it will not stop, continuing to either end of the Timeline by itself in a slow-motion play-back to the end of the Timeline. I cannot stop it and I have to wait until it gets all the way to the end. To make matters worse, on at least one occassion the program stopped working (froze) and had to be terminated, losing all my work.

Why does this happen?

4 answers to this question

That is an interesting problem that you are having. Does it only seem to happen with certain videos that you are editing? In other words will it playback wrong with one particular file each time you try it, but it works fine with a different file? Obviously my suspicion right now is that something is wrong with a particular file that you are working with. Let us know if my intuition is pointing in the wrong direction though.

I have only worked with one file in VideoWave 10, so I can't verify that it happens in other files, however, the problem started happening after the file started getting large. The last time it happened, I had dragged the playhead all the way to the left (and over the layer labels), and the playhead disappeared, and then the timeline just kept rewinding...there was no way to stop it without killing the program. It's as if the memory got stuck trying to handle the large command. I haven't experienced this problem when dragging the playhead to the right.

Good thing I had just saved!...and that is why I save often...because I never know when Roxio will hang, crash and/or become un-responsive...it sucks.

I'm using an HP dual-core, Intel Pentium 2.80GHz CPU, with 3GB Ram and XP Media Center Version 2002, SP2, and Roxio 10, build 100B44D ENU)

So, are you telling me that you've never heard of or seen this particular problem before?

I had a similar problem - see my posting of April 25th - got stuck in fast forward - twice - and then crashed - once to "screen of death" . Never really resolved issue as suspected it was due to my system being under-powered for video work (which is NOT the case with your system) or my HDD corrupted - and still have same system (until Monday when I upgrade).

Have not duplicated the problem since then, but have not attempted any significant video work since then as my system just can't handle EMC-10. If this occurs after I move up to new computer I'll post in this forum.

Actually, I just had this happen to me.... both in rewind and fast forward. I don't know the cause and don't know the solution.

Save often and I've stopped using FF and RW..... until I have more time to test different files.

Archived