File Question

Anjanesh

Question

Not sure if this the right place to post this ...

My HP dvd635 writer stopped burning all of a sudden. Using Nero 6 (now 7).

For some reason pxhelp20.sys driver also exists (i didnt install sonic or roxio etc - only nero, itunes) which may be the one thats causing failed burns.

Later I got a Sony USB DVD external writer and that works. Even that driver details has pxhelp20.sys. So it possible that pxhelp20.sys is causing something to fail on the IDE drive ?

2 answers to this question

Not sure if this the right place to post this ...

For some reason pxhelp20.sys driver also exists (i didnt install sonic or roxio etc - only nero, itunes) which may be the one thats causing failed burns.

Later I got a Sony USB DVD external writer and that works. Even that driver details has pxhelp20.sys. So it possible that pxhelp20.sys is causing something to fail on the IDE drive ?

Link click here..

The free file information forum can help you find out if PxHelp20.sys is a virus, trojan, spyware, adware which you can remove, or a file belonging to a Windows system or an application you can trust.

PxHelp20.sys file information

The process PxHelper Device Driver for Windows or Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP belongs to the software PxHelp or RecordNow! or ESSSONIC or Sonic RecordNow! or Dell Media Experience or Pioneer RecordNow DX or Sonic MyDVD or Sonic RecordNow! Deluxe or Sonic RecordNow DX or Sonic MyDVD Plus or Microsoft Plus! Digital Media or 1CLICK DivxToDVD or Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP or Sonic_PrimoSDK or Corel Photo Album or HP RecordNow or IBM RecordNow! or Sonic MyDVD LE or Sonic RecordNow Copy or Roxio Easy Media Creator or Microsoft Digital Image Suite or Roxio RecordNow Copy or HP DigitalMedia Archive or Sonic RecordNow! Plus or Adobe Photoshop Lightroom or Yahoo! Music Jukebox or Roxio Media Manager by VERITAS Software, Inc (www.veritas.com) or Sonic Solutions (www.sonic.com).

Description: File PxHelp20.sys is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers. Known file sizes on Windows XP are 20640 bytes (36% of all occurrence), 20576 bytes, 20016 bytes, 46080 bytes, 36624 bytes, 36528 bytes, 36560 bytes, 43528 bytes, 17168 bytes, 17136 bytes, 20176 bytes, 17232 bytes, 36592 bytes, 16288 bytes, 20368 bytes, 19840 bytes, 16416 bytes, 17184 bytes, 43872 bytes, 16000 bytes, 15680 bytes, 44224 bytes, 16160 bytes, 13392 bytes, 20512 bytes, 12208 bytes, 65 bytes, 36496 bytes.

The driver can be started or stopped from Services in the Control Panel or by other programs. The program is not visible. There is no detailed description of this service. The file is not a Windows system file. PxHelp20.sys seems to be a compressed file. Therefore the technical security rating is 36% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.

cd

If you are running in XP and have never installed Roxio or Sonic programs you are unlikely to have the real Pxhelp20.sys file on your system.

The real Pxhelp20.sys is part of the Sonic PX burning Engine. It has been in Roxio programs ever since Sonic ate Roxio. It wasn't in versions up to and including 6, but I've tracked it in every version 7.5 and up, including Copy & Convert 3, and the Red Box cut-down Easy CD and DVD Burning. I don't have 7.0 installed, so I haven't been able to check there yet.

I just installed Nero 6 in a clean XP, and it doesn't install the PX engine. I don't know about iTunes, but if you have that installed you will likely have more viruses in your system that the fleas of one thousand camels.

What made you look for Pxhelp20.sys, or what brought it to your notice? The PX Engine has a number of other px*.sys and px*.dll files, so if they're in your system32 folder it would suggest that the PX engine was installed by something. If this one file is there by itself I'd be looking at it with extreme prejudice.

Archived