• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How Do You Make A Backup Of A Videowave Production?

FalvinP

Question

I've done a search and don't see a way to do this within Videowave. I've backed up the production file and the pictures and video clips used in the production. However, any edits that were done from within Videowave, like cropping etc., show up as a missing panel. I presume that I would need to backup the entire folder where Videowave (or EMC10?) is located because I believe this is where the edited data is stored. Is this correct?

I'd like a backup solution that will restore the production to the way it was without having to search for or duplicated edits etc.

I'm working on a major project and will use an external hard drive to do the backup

Thanks for your imput.

6 answers to this question

I've done a search and don't see a way to do this within Videowave. I've backed up the production file and the pictures and video clips used in the production. However, any edits that were done from within Videowave, like cropping etc., show up as a missing panel. I presume that I would need to backup the entire folder where Videowave (or EMC10?) is located because I believe this is where the edited data is stored. Is this correct?

I'd like a backup solution that will restore the production to the way it was without having to search for or duplicated edits etc.

I'm working on a major project and will use an external hard drive to do the backup

Thanks for your imput.

Videowave will need your original / unedited file when you later call it up to play in Videowave to output in some other format. When you save your videowave production, it does not alter the original source files, which remain where they were when you started your project.

Videowave will need your original / unedited file when you later call it up to play in Videowave to output in some other format. When you save your videowave production, it does not alter the original source files, which remain where they were when you started your project.

Is guess I don't understand. Does this mean that I can't backup a Videowave production file and have it retain the edits done within Videowave?

Several years ago, while working with EMC7 we had a crash that neccessitated having to reformat the computer with XP and reinstalling the program. I had the production files etc., as well as the original source jpeg files backed up up in advance. They were actually duplicate files on the external hard drive.

After the reinstallation etc. I opened the production. It found all the pictures that weren't edited in Videowave, but it didn't find any of the pics I had cropped from within Videowave, even though they were put back in their original location. Luckily, there was a list of all the files that the production couldn't find, so I painstakingly put those pics back in and had to re-edit them. It took a while.......

Is guess I don't understand. Does this mean that I can't backup a Videowave production file and have it retain the edits done within Videowave?

Several years ago, while working with EMC7 we had a crash that neccessitated having to reformat the computer with XP and reinstalling the program. I had the production files etc., as well as the original source jpeg files backed up up in advance. They were actually duplicate files on the external hard drive.

After the reinstallation etc. I opened the production. It found all the pictures that weren't edited in Videowave, but it didn't find any of the pics I had cropped from within Videowave, even though they were put back in their original location. Luckily, there was a list of all the files that the production couldn't find, so I painstakingly put those pics back in and had to re-edit them. It took a while.......

When you output the production to say, a wmv file or onto a DVD, that outputted (is that a word?) file will be your finished product with all of your changes. Is this the back up you mean?

When you output the production to say, a wmv file or onto a DVD, that outputted (is that a word?) file will be your finished product with all of your changes. Is this the back up you mean?

Yes...this is the type of backup I'm talking about. But it didn't seem to be the case before as noted above. Is this something different with EMC10?

Yes...this is the type of backup I'm talking about. But it didn't seem to be the case before as noted above. Is this something different with EMC10?

I've only had EMC 10, so I'm not sure about other versions. confused7.gif There are plenty of people in this forum with a whole lot more experience who can answer your question, though.

Good luck.

.... . However, any edits that were done from within Videowave, like cropping etc., show up as a missing panel. I presume that I would need to backup the entire folder where Videowave (or EMC10?) is located because I believe this is where the edited data is stored. Is this correct?

I don't think they're in the EMC 10 folder.

You're referring to pictures that have been edited within VideoWave and I think that they are still saved as separate files in a hidden folder.

Right click on one of your cropped images and see where the file is being stored. On my computer it's in C:\ProgramData\Roxio\VideoWave10\Images which is a hidden folder. You'll have to change your Windows Explorer/ Tools/ Folder settings to View and Show hidden files and folders in order to see the folders.

Archived