Unusually Long Burn Times

Barcenez1

Question

I don't know what happened, but one day my burner told me that making a cd with 10 songs on it would take 3 hours to burn. I don't know if they work, because I haven't had the patience to let it finish, but I know this is not normal for a simple mp3 cd. At first I thought it was my burner, so I went out and bought a new one... no change. SO I tried re-installing the program... no change. Anyone have any ideas on why this might be happeneing? It's quite frustrating...

7 answers to this question

What application of the suite are you using to make the mp3 cd. Be specific and as much detail as possible. Check #3 in my signature also.

cd

Well start up the program, I use Music disk creator, click add audio tracks, select the tracks, add them to the cd, and burn. Here are some screen shots of what I'm seeing, and the setting I have things turned to.

The suite I use:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b285/BBI...nBurnPage-1.jpg

After I add tracks:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b285/BBI...dTracksPage.jpg

The burn Properties:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b285/BBI...pertiesPage.jpg

*EDIT* In the screenshots, I'm putting on .wav files, but no matter the format it still takes forever. Also I'm using Windows XP

Ok, it looks like your using Music Disc Creator, and making a Audio CD instead of a Mp3 CD?

The third screen shot, the burn properties box. See your burner check mark in a box next to it, uncheck it and put a check mark in the box next to save disc image file then click ok, tell us how long that takes to complete.

Did you check # 3 in my signature, about DMA? Then check your DMA settings?

cd

Ok, it looks like your using Music Disc Creator, and making a Audio CD instead of a Mp3 CD?

The third screen shot, the burn properties box. See your burner check mark in a box next to it, uncheck it and put a check mark in the box next to save disc image file then click ok, tell us how long that takes to complete.

Did you check # 3 in my signature, about DMA? Then check your DMA settings?

cd

alrighty, changed the setting from audio cd to mp3 cd... make a cd image to desktop, and then burned the image onto disk. right now it's taking 2 minutes to complete.

No I havent had a chance to try doing #3, but if this proves unsuccesful then i will try it

*EDIT* ok both audio cd, and mp3 cd are working properly... it seems that unchecking the box next to my burner and burning from an image fixed the problem. Now the only question is, why does that fix it? how can i go back to the normal way i was doing things? not that an extra step is too bother-sum, but my dad uses the burner and I know he wont like having to do an extra step

*EDIT* ok both audio cd, and mp3 cd are working properly... it seems that unchecking the box next to my burner and burning from an image fixed the problem. Now the only question is, why does that fix it? how can i go back to the normal way i was doing things? not that an extra step is too bother-sum, but my dad uses the burner and I know he wont like having to do an extra step

The image file contains all the information that is needed to burn a cd/dvd in one step.

It's hard to say why that fixes the problem...... How much room do you have left on your hard drive? Have you done routine computer maintenance like cleaning up the disk to remove temporary files, defragmented your hard drive, restarted your computer to clear out the RAM?

Have you installed any new programs that might be interferring with the burn?

Archived