• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help! Computer Will Not Recognize Camera

TheVanTeam REALTORS

Question

I am new to this so if anyone can give me a hand I would very much appreciate the help. I just installed the Roxio Easy Medial Creator 10 Suite and cannot get my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop to connect to the camera. My JVC Digital Video Camera Model #GR-DVL805U appears in the drop down video section and appears to be recognized by the software howevernone of the controls for playing or capturing the recording work. I just entered the software again and now I got the following message: " Your video card fails to meet minimum specifications; please upgrade". My laptop is a little more than 2 years old. It has the 128MB ATI Mobility Radeon X300 Video Card which at the time it was purchased was top of the line (at least that is what Dell told me). Any ideas as to what I can do to get this to work? I need to create videos to upload to utube and burn to DVD's. Thanks.

Edited to remove spam

4 answers to this question

I am new to this so if anyone can give me a hand I would very much appreciate the help. I just installed the Roxio Easy Medial Creator 10 Suite and cannot get my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop to connect to the camera. My JVC Digital Video Camera Model #GR-DVL805U appears in the drop down video section and appears to be recognized by the software howevernone of the controls for playing or capturing the recording work. I just entered the software again and now I got the following message: " Your video card fails to meet minimum specifications; please upgrade". My laptop is a little more than 2 years old. It has the 128MB ATI Mobility Radeon X300 Video Card which at the time it was purchased was top of the line (at least that is what Dell told me). Any ideas as to what I can do to get this to work? I need to create videos to upload to utube and burn to DVD's. Thanks.

Have updated the drivers for your video card and are you running the latest DirectX 9c version?

How are your connecting the camera to the PC? EMC 10 requires a Firewire (or IEEE 1394) connection to be able to capture from DV camcorders. USB does not work properly.

Edit: Sorry, Walt. I edited out the OP's spam.

Have updated the drivers for your video card and are you running the latest DirectX 9c version?

How are your connecting the camera to the PC? EMC 10 requires a Firewire (or IEEE 1394) connection to be able to capture from DV camcorders. USB does not work properly.

No problemo :rolleyes:

Reply--

Thanks for the response. I am connected via fireware. The folks at Best Buy said that my graphics card could not handle the new direct x so I had to buy a video card upgrade. Purchased a PNY PCI Graphics Card 256MB that I have yet to install. Hopefully that will fix the problem. Cheap fix if it works.

Thanks for the response. I am connected via fireware. The folks at Best Buy said that my graphics card could not handle the new direct x so I had to buy a video card upgrade. Purchased a PNY PCI Graphics Card 256MB that I have yet to install. Hopefully that will fix the problem. Cheap fix if it works.

Before you start installing that video card, make sure it is compatible with your computer. I looked at the Dell web site and the card and cooling assembly are one piece. They have a few refirbished ones that may be the original one on your computer.

Make sure you follow all Dell's instructions for installing a new card. Go to the Dell site and run all the tests to make sure.

That's one of the few laptops where there is an actual card and not just a video chip.

For a refurbished video card ($199) and all the labor, you may just want to start looking at something that would be better for what you want to do (not a laptop). Keep this laptop for non-video work.

The people at Best Buy are, to put it nicely, not giving you the entire story. The latest DirectX - 10 - was developed for Vista. You do not need it for XP where DirectX 9c is still the choice. Recommendation, take that inexpensive video card back and go someplace else.

Archived