• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Alienware M7700 Dvd Burn And Crash

dravekx

Question

Hello. I have an Alienware M7700 laptop, running windows xp professional with SP3, and a liteon DVDRW SOSW-8525 Burner. My video is an ATI MOBILE RADEON 9700 (128 Ram) with the latest ATI Catalyst drivers installed. I have 2gb of Memory. I purchased Roxio EMC10 Suite because a friend told me it was rated higher than Nero. I have a video creation that is in DIVX .AVI format. I want to burn it to a DVDR in DVD format. So I opened Roxio and selected the Roxio Video and Convert using the DIVX to DVD-Video. When 10-18% is complete, roxio crashes, locks my DVDR, and asks me to send a report to Microsoft. here's the error information:

Faulting application videoconvert10.exe, version 10.0.0.86, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0ad6d5b0.

AppName: videoconvert10.exe

AppVer: 10.0.0.86

ModName: unknown

ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0b03d5b0

Any ideas as to why its crashing?

3 answers to this question

Have you tested with any other video files, or just this one. If it already crashes in the same spot I always start by suspecting a flaw in the encoding of the original asset. Test with some other files and let us know how it goes.

By the way, I am deleting the 2nd post regarding this topic. Its only been 10 hours and I am replying in the middle of the night. You make it sound like we have been ignoring you for ages.

Hey. Sorry John. I wasnt paying attention to the time log and was assuming it had been more than 24 hours without any attempt of an answer. My apologies. I've tried a couple other videos and still having the same error. It crashes anywhere between 10 and 18 percent. I decided to dodge the video idea and try out simple files and they work fine. i suspect it's the encoding also, but Im not sure what other format to use. Any suggestions?

Also, I googled the error message along with the info on the crash and from what I can conclude, it happens during the encoding from AVI to DVD format. But its always the videoconvert10.exe file that crashes. :(

Thank you for the time and the response.

Have you tested with any other video files, or just this one. If it already crashes in the same spot I always start by suspecting a flaw in the encoding of the original asset. Test with some other files and let us know how it goes.

By the way, I am deleting the 2nd post regarding this topic. Its only been 10 hours and I am replying in the middle of the night. You make it sound like we have been ignoring you for ages.

Hey. Sorry John. I wasnt paying attention to the time log and was assuming it had been more than 24 hours without any attempt of an answer. My apologies. I've tried a couple other videos and still having the same error. It crashes anywhere between 10 and 18 percent. I decided to dodge the video idea and try out simple files and they work fine. i suspect it's the encoding also, but Im not sure what other format to use. Any suggestions?

Also, I googled the error message along with the info on the crash and from what I can conclude, it happens during the encoding from AVI to DVD format. But its always the videoconvert10.exe file that crashes. :(

Thank you for the time and the response.

Your Radeon 9700 Mobile chipset, may be your downfall. A standalone 9700 (anicent card) may work, but your laptop 9700 chip may not be up to the task of doing the rendering, during the encoding process, on larger productions.

Archived