Roxio Digitalmedia Plus And .avi Problems

row dj

Question

Thank you in advance for reading my post.

I recently purchased on ebay a Roxio DigitalMedia Plus disc(w/o box or instructions). It has MyDvd Plus, DLA, DigitalMedia Home, and Express Labeler on it. I am running XP.

I cannot upload .avi files...error with codec -47010

Have downloaded divx and xvid codecs with no success.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you again.

1 answer to this question

I cannot upload .avi files...error with codec -47010

Have downloaded divx and xvid codecs with no success.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you again.

There's a downloadable PDF manual available for EMC9. A link to it is in This Post. It may help you with the parts of EMC9 you have in your cut-down version.

Uploading usually means sending a file up to the Internet, so I don't think you mean 'uploading'. Are you trying to import these AVIs into a Roxio program?

An AVI is a container file that you put compressed video into. A codec is a COmpressor/DECompressor, and to use an AVI you must have installed the codec which was used to compress that video. DivX and XviD will cover a lot of the AVIs which are 'out there' but certainly not all of them.

You need to get something like the G-Spot Codec Information appliance [here] and check your AVI files with it. It will tell you what codec is used, and whether or not you have that codec installed. If the error is caused because you don't have the required codec, G-Spot will tell you.

Archived