How Do I Combine Two Video Files?

InvisibleDave

Question

5 answers to this question

I hope you have created the slideshow using Videowave and you still have it on your computer

1) Copy the Video_TS folder from the DVD to a Folder on your PC.

2) Launch Videowave and open the Slideshow project.

3) Using the Add Video/Photo option from the Add Content panel, add the video by selecting the VIDEO_TS.IFO file from the Video_TS folder

I hope this is enough to get you started.

To expand a bit, start from scratch (almost). (if you don't mind Walt)

You can also read this.

I don't think that you want to use that VCD file. It is low quality unless you want to burn to a CD rather than DVD.

I captured a VHS to DVD (on a dedicated device). Now, I'd like to combine some pictures as a slide show with the DVD video file?

I've made a VCD file of the picture slide show.... but now, I'm stuck. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

I hope you have created the slideshow using Videowave and you still have it on your computer

1) Copy the Video_TS folder from the DVD to a Folder on your PC.

2) Launch Videowave and open the Slideshow project.

3) Using the Add Video/Photo option from the Add Content panel, add the video by selecting the VIDEO_TS.IFO file from the Video_TS folder

I hope this is enough to get you started.

To expand a bit, start from scratch (almost). (if you don't mind Walt)

You can also read this.

I don't think that you want to use that VCD file. It is low quality unless you want to burn to a CD rather than DVD.

Thanks!! This got me going. Decided to use the VCD file... I was just using it as a lead in of pictures for the DVD... Since it was dubbed from VHS, the quality isn't great.

Maybe I'll change my mind after I see it play on my TV/DVD player... But it should be adaquate for sending to grandparents.

-Dave

Thanks!! This got me going. Decided to use the VCD file... I was just using it as a lead in of pictures for the DVD... Since it was dubbed from VHS, the quality isn't great.

Maybe I'll change my mind after I see it play on my TV/DVD player... But it should be adaquate for sending to grandparents.

-Dave

Ok... Now I have wierdness... Roxio won't even play the DVD it created for me properly... The player just flashes wierd characters on the screen. :-(

Plus, only one of my DVD players plays the DVD.

I burned the resulting DVD to a +R DVD... should I be burning to a -R? and shouldn't any DVD player play the resulting DVD?

:angry: This is frustrating. I thought I'd be done with this by now.

I burned the resulting DVD to a +R DVD... should I be burning to a -R? and shouldn't any DVD player play the resulting DVD?
Yes and maybe No. Just depends on how old the player is. Some older DVD players will only play DVD-R, some only DVD+R, but most DVD players in the past few years 'usually' will play both. You need to read the manual of the player(s) in question. Now add to that the quality of the blank disc can also cause playback issues. Really cheap blank DVDs are cheap for a reason! All discs are not created equal. :)

Since the disc actually plays in one player, the disc was created correctly. Find a good brand of blank discs that works well with your burner and player. Then stick with it.

Archived