• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Installation issue

abbynrml

Question

This following was what Roxio told me to do, however the real culprit I believe was using a 3rd party "Registry Cleaner". Once I eliminated that and found a registry cleaner, namely CCleaner (free), installation and my laptop is working 100 percent. Like most installations you must or should do a reboot after a successfull installation. This is what I was doing, then running my "old" registry cleaner to get rid of all the temporary folders and whatever from my system. I have many other and varying types of software, but never had problems before, even with the old registry cleaner. Another thing I noticed when doing a "Google" about error 1706, I noticed under the Google sponsored links various Registry Cleaners that claim to fix errors including 1706. Save your money because they don't fix your errors, well in my case they did not!

I hope this helps!

Issue: Error 1706 at start up

Resolution:

A. Click on the 'Start' button, then select 'Run'

B. In the run dialog box please copy and paste the following commands one at a time listed below including the quotes and click the 'OK' button after each one:

regsvr32 /u 'c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dao\dao360.dll'

regsvr32 'c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dao\dao360.dll'

C. After you click the 'OK' button a window should appear with a message indicating the file registration succeeded. Once you have received a succeeded message for both files, shut down and restart your computer.

My dvd tries to install and installs in less than a minute, then it goes to the finish screen as it should but doesn't install the files. I tried the above and it said files could not be found. I'm using the retail disc. All roxio and sonic files are gone according to file search.

Any ideas?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived