• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Menu Structure Problem

PJGudel

Question

I created a menu with a Play All button. I linked it to a Select Chapters submenu. I added a few productions to the sub menu. I can play any of the productions separately on the submenu. I went to the Main Menu and changed Play All button setting to play all in production. Then I added a second sub menu to the main menu and called it outtakes. So now there are three buttons on the main menu. I added a few productions to that menu. My problem lies that I want the Play All button only to play the productions on the Select chapters menu, and not the outtakes menu, like it does on a commercial DVD. Is there a setting I am missing, or did I not set up the menu structure right. thanks Peter

7 answers to this question

First, I apologize if his was answered before, but I only recently started working with EMC9 (Full Version).

I have the main menu set up with a "Play" button to play the entire film and a "Scenes" button that jumps to a chapter selection submenu and everything is working fine to that point. My trouble is that I can't seem to set up the sub-menu with the individual chapters or chapter groups. I have my movie divided into 13 chapters already, but I cant get the chapter submenus set up. It also seems that MYDVD isnt even recognizing any chapters but chapter 1 and I spent 3 hours making custom chapter clips in VideoWave.

Did I miss a step somewhere?

Hi myguggi -

This is going to sound REALLY stupid, but should I have rendered the chapters file into an "All / Both" video file before I tried messing with it in MyDVD to create the menus?? :unsure:

If you created the chapter markers in Videowave, save the project fille and close Videowave. Then launch myDVD and add the project file using Add Movie and then follow the instructions on how to convert the chapter markers to a chapter menu as I I indicated in my last post. Do not render the file from Videowave, you will lose all your chapter markers.

I created a menu with a Play All button. I linked it to a Select Chapters submenu. I added a few productions to the sub menu. I can play any of the productions separately on the submenu. I went to the Main Menu and changed Play All button setting to play all in production. Then I added a second sub menu to the main menu and called it outtakes. So now there are three buttons on the main menu. I added a few productions to that menu. My problem lies that I want the Play All button only to play the productions on the Select chapters menu, and not the outtakes menu, like it does on a commercial DVD. Is there a setting I am missing, or did I not set up the menu structure right. thanks Peter

Perhaps this post will be able to help you setup your menu correctly.

A "playAll" button generally means exactly what it says: play all clips in sequence one after the other without returning to the menu until the end. It should not link to sub-menu, that is what a "select Chapters" button would be for.

Hi Jim -

Well I have the basic submenus created and they work as they should - meaning that they connect back and forth with each other as I expected them to - but I still cant get MyDVD to recognize any of my custom chapters from VideoWave in order for me to make the custom chapter links . I guess I'll have to recreate the chapters in MyDVD, pray that it works, and go from there.

Oh well - nobody masters a program in just a few frustrating days... :rolleyes:

Hi Jim -

Well I have the basic submenus created and they work as they should - meaning that they connect back and forth with each other as I expected them to - but I still cant get MyDVD to recognize any of my custom chapters from VideoWave in order for me to make the custom chapter links . I guess I'll have to recreate the chapters in MyDVD, pray that it works, and go from there.

Oh well - nobody masters a program in just a few frustrating days... :rolleyes:

If you created chapter markers in Videowave then read the Help system on how to convert the chapter markers to chapters in myDVD. Search for "markers" in the Index.

Archived