• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave Output Of Mpeg: Audio Ends Up On Track 2

amac

Question

Using Videowave to edit/trim mpg2 movies (no fancy editing, simply removing commercials and trimming at start/end). This has worked reasonably well for months. Recently, something has changed.

When I output the edited movie (again as MPEG2 for DVD), the resulting movie has no audio on track 1 (when played back in VLC). Upon further examination, a second track has been added to the rendered mpeg2 movie and that is where the main audio track now resides (essentially like having a SAP-second audio program). Prior to a couple of months ago, all my rendered movies only had one audio track. The original movie only had one audio track as well.

I can't see any option to control this. So, does anyone know why this is happening? Is there a well hidden option to control where the main audio ends up?

3 answers to this question

Well as I indicated the problem I'm experiencing seemed to start about 2 months ago. I finally realized what I did at that time. I installed Vista service pack 1 (SP1). Since that moment my audio on any mpeg2 movie I create is on the wrong audio track.

With that extra tidbit, anyone know how I can correct it (aside from possibly uninstalling SP1)?

Well as I indicated the problem I'm experiencing seemed to start about 2 months ago. I finally realized what I did at that time. I installed Vista service pack 1 (SP1). Since that moment my audio on any mpeg2 movie I create is on the wrong audio track.

With that extra tidbit, anyone know how I can correct it (aside from possibly uninstalling SP1)?

I have never heard of anything like what you describe. There is basically nothing you can do to the main audio (except mute it) since it is part of the main video. Is the audio still on the "native audio" track? On which audio track does the audio appear? Does this happen with every movie to work on?

I have never heard of anything like what you describe. There is basically nothing you can do to the main audio (except mute it) since it is part of the main video. Is the audio still on the "native audio" track? On which audio track does the audio appear? Does this happen with every movie to work on?

It never used to happen at all. Any movie I've made since Mar 22 (when I installed Vista SP1) has the audio on the wrong track.

If I use Videowave and add the movie to a new project, it plays back fine. And yes, the native audio track is there and looks just fine.

However if I play the same movie in any external movie player (such as Media Player), it does not play any audio whatsoever.

I also use another video player called VLC (from Videolan). On one of its audio menus, it lets me select which audio track to play back from. The default is track 1 (whatever that means) and no sound is played back. If I select track 2, lo and behold I have sound. I haven't found anything that explains to me what these tracks are or where the extra audio track came from

Archived