• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Exporting For Quicktime

bsangeor

Question

I created a slideshow using videowave and it looks fine using the windows media player. However it looks lousy on quicktime. My elderly mom has a mac and so I would like to export a file that could be viewed with quicktime. I've tried several formats. Can anyone help?

9 answers to this question

Karri,

thanks. I did see that quicktime uses H.264 compression, but I couldn't find that in any of the drop-downs for a video file, or mpeg???

hmmm, can't find "output to file" as an option. I did just find the AVC (H.264) option though. I guess I'll try that.

Thanks.

Guys,

The AVC (H.264) option does work well with Quicktime on Windows. I won't know how it works for sure on a Mac until I get it to my mom's.

thanks

brian

Guys,

The AVC (H.264) option does work well with Quicktime on Windows. I won't know how it works for sure on a Mac until I get it to my mom's.

thanks

brian

Hi Brian,

Please let us know. Thanks :)

I created a slideshow using videowave and it looks fine using the windows media player. However it looks lousy on quicktime. My elderly mom has a mac and so I would like to export a file that could be viewed with quicktime. I've tried several formats. Can anyone help?

I thougth quicktime played movies of various formats, so I thought maybe one of the compression schemes would work in an avi file???

I thougth quicktime played movies of various formats, so I thought maybe one of the compression schemes would work in an avi file???

Have you tried "AVC Better Quality" (H.264)? I've had some luck with that format to play in Quicktime, although not something I do a lot. Outputs to an mp4, I believe.

Quicktime as I said is proprietary by Apple and (I think but I'm open to correction) that it uses the H.264 codec.

Not having a Mac I can't say for certain

However - there is some info here on conversion (mainly Quicktime to AVI tho) but you may find some help

http://www.riverpast.com/en/support/tutori...ert/avi/mov.php

When using Videowave 'output to file' option, choose AVC Better or AVC Good. Quicktime should be able to play those.

--

LOL Guess I'm the slow one today.

Shows so much I've learned from you :)

Have you tried "AVC Better Quality" (H.264)? I've had some luck with that format to play in Quicktime, although not something I do a lot. Outputs to an mp4, I believe.

Karri,

thanks. I did see that quicktime uses H.264 compression, but I couldn't find that in any of the drop-downs for a video file, or mpeg???

When using Videowave 'output to file' option, choose AVC Better or AVC Good. Quicktime should be able to play those.

--

LOL Guess I'm the slow one today.

hmmm, can't find "output to file" as an option. I did just find the AVC (H.264) option though. I guess I'll try that.

Thanks.

Archived