• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Subtitles On Videowave?

dandyice

Question

Hello,

I have film which needs to have subtitles, but I can't figure out how to add them (if there IS a short way, please let me know) other than dragging the text box down to the bottom of the screen, but when I do that, the text stays too long and I need to be able to change it quicker.

Any help? Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Hello,

I have film which needs to have subtitles, but I can't figure out how to add them (if there IS a short way, please let me know) other than dragging the text box down to the bottom of the screen, but when I do that, the text stays too long and I need to be able to change it quicker.

Any help? Thanks!

EMC 10 does not have a method of adding sub-titles. All you can do is add a text to the text track which is what you seem to be doing. To shorten the time the text is displayed ,just drag the right edge of the text box on the timeline to the left. If this is not what you are referring to then please give us a bit more detail on what you are doing.

Use the "crawl" option :rolleyes:

Exactly.

The easiest way for me to do this was to select the News Crawl.

Then double click on the text. Then from the options on the right, select the Tab with the red dot ( motion ) and select the Slow Crawl Right to left.

By lengthening the text on the timeline and adding spaces, you should be able to time the text to the video. Of course, if she speaks quickly, you can do the fast crawl or crawl.

With a short a video, you're not going to need to split it into scenes to make certain the text matches the video.

If you don't want the crawl, just add more text blocks in the timeline view.

but when I do that, the text stays too long and I need to be able to change it quicker.

You can adjust the length of the text that you've added.

I have a suggestion which might work for you. You need to be in VideoWave first, then....

You could 'split' the video into 'scenes' that are the length you need for the text subtitle that you're adding.

Then switch to the Storyline view and add the text. The text will be added to the internal track and will only last the length of the 'scene'.

OR make the text longer and in the Settings tab, select 'scroll', then from the drop down box, select 'fast crawl' or 'slow crawl'.

You can also select the icon to Save as Custom Object and that will save the text so that you can reuse it easily on that production or any other production.

walt and ml, i am trying to do this also. In my movie, I have a 1 min 44 sec video clip where a lady is speaking, but the sound is bad. i wanted to display the words on the screen while the lady is speaking.

when you select Scroll from the Text Properties Motion tab, the text scrolls vertically. Can i make it scroll horizontally, from right to left along the bottom of the screen?

if not, i guess i have to split the video into 10 or 15 parts and have text boxes for each part like you suggested ML. there's not an easier way....?

thanks,

walt and ml, i am trying to do this also. In my movie, I have a 1 min 44 sec video clip where a lady is speaking, but the sound is bad. i wanted to display the words on the screen while the lady is speaking.

when you select Scroll from the Text Properties Motion tab, the text scrolls vertically. Can i make it scroll horizontally, from right to left along the bottom of the screen?

if not, i guess i have to split the video into 10 or 15 parts and have text boxes for each part like you suggested ML. there's not an easier way....?

thanks,

Use the "crawl" option :rolleyes:

Archived