Rc9 With Tons Of Problems/ Vista

roxiofails???

Question

Hi all

glad to see a support forum

[rant]

here's my problemS

MAIN ISSUE : first of all i installed RC9 on my vista (64-bit laptop) and then ran the 9.1 updater. it asked me to restart the computer,which i did,took 3-4mins to shut down the computer (using 4GB RAM..wth)..anyway i thought thats a one time process so didn't bother too much. when i came back to windows i clicked on the Roxio C9 Home button and guess what it "reloaded" the windows installer and started reinstalling all the features (EasyArchive/Record Now etc), each one taking 1min and then finally asks me to restart the computer :rolleyes: that was weird..anyway i let it restart 'coz it was the first time i ran the program..thought maybe it needs some more installation..it took 4-5min to shut down my computer. after the long wait i ran the program again, believe it or not the windows installer came back again with the "same installtion process" (EasyArchive/Record Now etc) and finally it asked me to restart the program..wth?i did restart the program and now its my third time...when i came back to windows i opened the program again and hit cancel button (on the installer), whenever i had a chance,and finally got to the 'Home page'.

Second ISSUE: i clicked on audio and then on easy audio capture>>i got an error message "Roxio Easy Audio Capture has stopped working" (even though it didn't even open)

Third ISSUE :i clicked on 'Create a DVD with MyDVD' >>another error message "Unable to load skin"

Fourth ISSUE:'Quick DVD with MyDVD Express'>>"Skin image "Loading.png" found but cannot be loaded">>"Image file blah blah blah cannot be loaded">>"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error" and another error message

FIFTH ISSUE: when i clicked on EasyArchive it asks me to restart the program :unsure:

so far, i was unable to use any feature..i'm getting error messages for everything

[/rant]

trust me,this is the worst program i've ever dealt with. i "used" this program on my old laptop (died) for a while but at that time i only tried the record now audio and sound editor, both were working okay. that was on a 32-bit vista machine.

oh btw..don't tell me that S/F works in a 32-bit OS. i've a 32 bit Premium and installed the software,i see a different issue there..something like License not found blah blah blah.and i coouldn't even get to the main page. also i couldn't install the update (9.1) 'coz it was missing something.

this was a retail software, which i got from Circuitcity.

any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

7 answers to this question

nvm

This is not a Roxio chat site; it is a users forum. You post your question and "soon" you may get a response. Soon may be hours or days. People respond only when they have something to say or just to be helpful (like this response).

In the meantime, please post your computer specs in your signature (go to My Controls at the top of the page). You may also use the search engine to see if anyone has experienced problems similar to yours.

The fact that you have a 64 bit version (why) should not make a difference since the program was written for and works in 32 bit.

This is not a Roxio chat site; it is a users forum. You post your question and "soon" you may get a response. Soon may be hours or days. People respond only when they have something to say or just to be helpful (like this response).

In the meantime, please post your computer specs in your signature (go to My Controls at the top of the page). You may also use the search engine to see if anyone has experienced problems similar to yours.

The fact that you have a 64 bit version (why) should not make a difference since the program was written for and works in 32 bit.

i know this is a user forum and it may take days for an answer and i have no complain

i'l add my comp specs

i heard that some old program don't work in 64bit OS

i know this is a user forum and it may take days for an answer and i haven't complain

i'l add my comp specs

i heard that some old program don't work in 64bit OS

Then why nvm?

Read this; it may be someting that would be helpful since you have re-installed the program several times.

Then why nvm?

Read this; it may be someting that would be helpful since you have re-installed the program several times.

i thought i was able to fix the run time error (R6025). i mentioned that as an update in that post but when i saw it came back again i put nvm

oh..and i did reinstall following all the procedures listed in the above link

thanks

Archived