• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cd Text

Aki

Question

Hi guys.

I am having trouble trying to copy an audio cd with text already in.

I cant copy track names and artists names that I already input on the original discs.

Do you guys know how to copy those info?

I can see the dics info on the original disc but the copies dont have those track names and artist names.

please help me solve this problem.

thank you.

5 answers to this question

it doesn't even copy cd text even when I drag the to the audio window.

I don't know what's happening. I didn't change any setting in the preference.

I can still see the track info from recorder>disc info.

is somewhere in my setting wrong??

if anyone know how to fix this, please help me out.

thank you

aki

If you can see the CD Text info on the burned disc when choosing the Disc Info window in Toast then the CD Text is present and there is nothing you're doing wrong.

If you're expecting the album/artist/track info to appear when the disc is inserted in your Mac, that isn't how CD-Text works. Macs don't read CD-Text. It is only read by specially equipped car and home CD players.

To get the CD Text info transferred to your Mac's CDinfo database file so it appears when inserting the disc, go to www.dougscripts.com and find the CD Text to CDInfo applescript. It will read the CD Text from your disc and write it to the CDInfo database file.

it doesn't even copy cd text even when I drag the to the audio window.

I don't know what's happening. I didn't change any setting in the preference.

I can still see the track info from recorder>disc info.

is somewhere in my setting wrong??

if anyone know how to fix this, please help me out.

thank you

aki

I presume you tried burning using the Copy window. I thought that copies the CD Text info along with the audio tracks. If it doesn't, however, then drag the CD to the Audio window with Audio CD selected as the format. Toast will extract the AIFF files and should read from the CD Text info to include the artist/album/track info. The track pauses will be kept as on the source CD. Then burn the new CD making sure that CD Text is turned on.

If you can see the CD Text info on the burned disc when choosing the Disc Info window in Toast then the CD Text is present and there is nothing you're doing wrong.

If you're expecting the album/artist/track info to appear when the disc is inserted in your Mac, that isn't how CD-Text works. Macs don't read CD-Text. It is only read by specially equipped car and home CD players.

To get the CD Text info transferred to your Mac's CDinfo database file so it appears when inserting the disc, go to www.dougscripts.com and find the CD Text to CDInfo applescript. It will read the CD Text from your disc and write it to the CDInfo database file.

oh I'm sorry, I meant that I can see the track info on the original track,

I can't see the info on the burned copies.

Also I used to be able to see the info when I'm importing from the original disc, but

I can't even see that anymore.

I used Nero on my old win xp to create the CD info

could this be the reason why I can't copy the info burned on my mac??

Archived