Avail. Space And Time Remaining Question

grego137

Question

in mydvd9.

Im ready to do an ISO burn

I switched my dvd size to 8.5DL, my project in the 'HQ' setting said I still had 66MB free and approx. 1 min of time remaining.............(sweet) I made it fit in the HQ mode.

i went to set up an ISO burn, and during initial set up it starts calibrating, then numbers change.

It now says im overdrawn by -192MB and time remaining is -2.43 and wouldnt let me do the ISO burn in HQ setting.

Im using Sony DVD+R DL

Do I need to back down to the next setting SP for this to go?

thanks

21 answers to this question

Can you play the movies from the iso in DiscCopier? I always use ImgBurn for burning iso files. It also has a lot of other features.

myguggy, after further research, I can play (preview) movies on disc copier from my ISO

1 movie is the full length movie

and 1 is the slide show.

how come I dont see my main manu here?

I have a main menu with motion that runs 4min.

any other ideas?

thanks

myguggy, after further research, I can play (preview) movies on disc copier from my ISO

1 movie is the full length movie

and 1 is the slide show.

how come I dont see my main manu here?

I have a main menu with motion that runs 4min.

any other ideas?

thanks

The preview, in Disc Copier, doesn't show your menus. To see them, I believe you have to mount it in an image drive, which the suite does have. It's called Disc Image Loader.

Once you do create an image drive, don't uninstall Roxio, before dumping the image drive, or you can have problems getting rid of it.

The preview, in Disc Copier, doesn't show your menus. To see them, I believe you have to mount it in an image drive, which the suite does have. It's called Disc Image Loader.

Once you do create an image drive, don't uninstall Roxio, before dumping the image drive, or you can have problems getting rid of it.

I just realized i was clicking on the wrong button on disc copier.

there is copy cd/dvd or video compilation

I was clicking on video compilation.

I just clicked on cd/dvd selected my ISO image file from the drop down box.

and there's my movie (menu, movie, and slideshow)

Hoping I resolved all my issues, I popped another DVD+R DL blank in hit burn,

error message came up "selected source is too big to fit on the disc, should disc copier compress to fit"

I hit yes, then another error came up invalad parameter 0x00000004, and unspecified error 0x4

Do you think my project is too big for the disc?

when I right click on my ISO and click properties , the project size is 7.37Gb

and when I insert a disc in disc copier, and click disc properties it says avail. space 8.0Gb

Is there another way to check the actual avail. space on my blank Sony DVD+R DL

thanks for the replies,

keep 'em comming we'll get to the bottom of this.

It means your image file is not in the size or format of the disc your trying to burn to.

cd

is there something I can do to make it what it needs to be so I can do an ISO?

It DID let me burn burn directly to disc though.

when I went to cdanteek's #7 Imgburn download link, I downloaded something called 'Express Burn'

did I download the right thing?

I didnt see anything called Imgburn

Update: after going back to the imagburn download page, I just realized I downloaded the wrong program (express burner)last night.

After searching for 30 minutes on their page I did find the correct Imagburn download.

downloaded, did a ISO to disc burn......................and im back in business...looked great! Nice product!

it hung up on 1 chapter, i'll do another to see if it happens in the same spot.

thanks to all for the advice and insight

is there something I can do to make it what it needs to be so I can do an ISO?

It DID let me burn burn directly to disc though.

When you navigate to the ISO file, right click, click properties. What does it say for 'type of file' and 'size on disc'?

Did you try to burn the disc in Video Copy and Convert? At the bottom of Video Copy and Convert screen was it set for DL disc?

cd

When you navigate to the ISO file, right click, click properties. What does it say for 'type of file' and 'size on disc'?

Did you try to burn the disc in Video Copy and Convert? At the bottom of Video Copy and Convert screen was it set for DL disc?

cd

it says :

Type of file: ISO image file

Size: 7.37

size on disc: 7.37

im not sure what you mean 'video copy and convert' i'll look for that now.

When I go to burn to disc from an ISO image, im just supposed to doubl click on the ISO image on my desktop, (a burn screen appears with options etc..) insert disc, and hit the go button in the bottom right hand corner..............right?

thanks for the response

When you burned the image with MyDVD did you have the DL Target Media set to + or -?If you did then I think the kind of disc needs to match.

yes, im 99% sure I matched it to read +R DL

is there a way to go back and check?

or should I just do another burn to ISO tonight to make sure?

what about that recording memory cache?

should that be on 4.7 or should it be set on somthing else?

thanks

If you're talking about the little bar at the bottom of the MyDVD screen then set it to 8.5Gb.

It's a counter to keep track of how much room you have left in your disc space.If you go over it won't let you burn directly to disc.Using an image it shouldn't matter.

Once you make the image right click the file and hit Burn with Disc Copier.That'll open Disc copier and it should compress it just enough to fit the disc.

If you're talking about the little bar at the bottom of the MyDVD screen then set it to 8.5Gb.

It's a counter to keep track of how much room you have left in your disc space.If you go over it won't let you burn directly to disc.Using an image it shouldn't matter.

Once you make the image right click the file and hit Burn with Disc Copier.That'll open Disc copier and it should compress it just enough to fit the disc.

I know what you're refering to and yes i did set that to 8.5gb (bottom left of screen)

what im refering to is after I right click (or double click) on the ISO , and disc copier comes up, there is an 'options' button, click 'advanced', 'recording memory cache' with a drop box with the following choices:

1.2MB

(i think the factory default is 4.7)

but have no idea what this is for

Your using the Home screen, copy, burn image, burn disc image to disc. Don't use that, click start, all programs, Roxio Easy Media Creator 10, Video Copy & Convert. On the source side top button, choose DVD Video Copy, click the drop down arrow, browse for disc image, then set the disc size at the bottom. On the destination side choose your burner and click the copy button. I would choose a 2.4 or 4x burn rate!

cd

Your using the Home screen, copy, burn image, burn disc image to disc. Don't use that, click start, all programs, Roxio Easy Media Creator 10, Video Copy & Convert. On the source side top button, choose DVD Video Copy, click the drop down arrow, browse for disc image, then set the disc size at the bottom. On the destination side choose your burner and click the copy button. I would choose a 2.4 or 4x burn rate!

cd

cdanteek,

i have nothing called 'Roxio Easy Media creator10'

can I still do what you say with 'MYDVD9 Studio Premier'

thanks for the reply.

cdanteek,

i have nothing called 'Roxio Easy Media creator10'

can I still do what you say with 'MYDVD9 Studio Premier'

thanks for the reply.

Do you have a program called DiscCopier as part of you myDVD9 Studio Premier? If yes, then you use DiscCopier to burn the iso file to a DVD. If not, then download a program called ImgBurn. CDanteek has it listed as #7 in his signature.

Do you have a program called DiscCopier as part of you myDVD9 Studio Premier? If yes, then you use DiscCopier to burn the iso file to a DVD. If not, then download a program called ImgBurn. CDanteek has it listed as #7 in his signature.

ok, I found it (disc copier)

opened it up

clicked add movie

my ISO came right up, selected the 2 movies that make up my movie

made sure it was set to DVD+R DL

clicked Burn

a new window with a meter comes up ' creating dvd' , starts at 8% does nothing for 5 minutes, goes to 9% and wont go further.

in blue it says 'click here for details'

wait 15 more minutes still at 9%, (hung up on a error)

click on 'click here for details' and get error message 'Invalid parameter' (0x00000004)

click my way out

then get the following "unspecified error 0x80004005"

any ideas? do you think I should try downloading the imgburn thing mentioned above?

thanks

ok, I found it (disc copier)

opened it up

clicked add movie

my ISO came right up, selected the 2 movies that make up my movie

made sure it was set to DVD+R DL

clicked Burn

a new window with a meter comes up ' creating dvd' , starts at 8% does nothing for 5 minutes, goes to 9% and wont go further.

in blue it says 'click here for details'

wait 15 more minutes still at 9%, (hung up on a error)

click on 'click here for details' and get error message 'Invalid parameter' (0x00000004)

click my way out

then get the following "unspecified error 0x80004005"

any ideas? do you think I should try downloading the imgburn thing mentioned above?

thanks

Can you play the movies from the iso in DiscCopier? I always use ImgBurn for burning iso files. It also has a lot of other features.

no can not play movies from there.

I did download the Imgburn program and started an ISO to disc burn.

how long is it supposed to take???

a green meter was present for a while, gradually filled the meter (took about 15 min.)

is been a good 45min. and for the last 1/2 hr all i've been hearing is some up and down motor action from the cpu,

is the drawer supposed to open when its done?

no can not play movies from there.

I did download the Imgburn program and started an ISO to disc burn.

how long is it supposed to take???

a green meter was present for a while, gradually filled the meter (took about 15 min.)

is been a good 45min. and for the last 1/2 hr all i've been hearing is some up and down motor action from the cpu,

is the drawer supposed to open when its done?

well , I lost my patience. after 1 hr i hit cancel, i figure something is wrong.

started over, this time i let it burn.

first a meter came up saying 'writing to disc' once that was done,

another meter came up 'varifying the burn' once that was done,

a propt saying 'image file successfully written' ok

all this took a good 1hr 20min!

took the burned disc to the family room, disc would register.

there is something wrong somewhere.

All the burns i did previously from ISO to disc usually took appx. 10minutes

Burning movies to a DVD is time dependant more than size dependant (about 2 hours on a DL disc)

Make a .iso image file first at best quality, then open that with Disc Copier which will shrink it to fit

Burning movies to a DVD is time dependant more than size dependant (about 2 hours on a DL disc)

Make a .iso image file first at best quality, then open that with Disc Copier which will shrink it to fit

I removed my chapter selection option and now it will fit in HQ mode.

I did an ISO burn,

then I went to the iso to burn a disc, inserted the DL disc and hit go and got this message

"this disc is incompatible with the source disc"

does anyone know what this means??

is there a box i didnt check or something

also the recording memory cache is 4.7mb (whatever that means) should that be changed?

thank you

Archived