• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Need Help - Trying To Make Plug And Burn Work

mewilli

Question

I am using a 3d party stand alone DVD writer (drv). I am trying to capture 1992 vintage 8 mm video cam tape thru a Dazzle DV creater 90 (have not installed Pinnicle studio software) from a Sharp 8mm Digital Zoom camera. I am using DVD -R blank discs - When going to plug and burn, dvd writer does not record or write anything - when I capture to computer using either Roxio or XP movie maker, then try to burn, burner cannot find file using Roxio system. Am I not capturing in the correct format? What should I be using for the blank DVD dics as I know there are many formats available. Can anyone help me with this problem? Are the old 8 mm tapes analog (they were recored with a sony video cam at the time)/ Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

3 answers to this question

Guest mlpasley
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Could you please give a bit more detail?

Reading between the lines, it sounds like you're connecting a VCR to the Dazzle and importing through your USB connection. That won't work with Plug n Burn.

What brand and model of "3d party stand alone DVD writer" are you using? Is it a DVD burner or a DVD writer?

As to they type of DVDs you use, that will depend on the burner although most will take DVD +/- R or DVD +/- RW.

You might have to do a Windows Search to see where those imported files are stored. Then you should be able to import them into DVD Builder and burn a DVD with a DVD Burner. If you want to edit the files, then import them into VideoWave for editing. The Dazzle should be able to import mpeg2 (and perhaps DV AVI) which will be recognized by EMC7.

I am using a 3d party stand alone DVD writer (drv). I am trying to capture 1992 vintage 8 mm video cam tape thru a Dazzle DV creater 90 (have not installed Pinnicle studio software) from a Sharp 8mm Digital Zoom camera. I am using DVD -R blank discs - When going to plug and burn, dvd writer does not record or write anything - when I capture to computer using either Roxio or XP movie maker, then try to burn, burner cannot find file using Roxio system. Am I not capturing in the correct format? What should I be using for the blank DVD dics as I know there are many formats available. Can anyone help me with this problem? Are the old 8 mm tapes analog (they were recored with a sony video cam at the time)/ Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

As far as I know you can only use Plug & Burn when your digital camcorder is connected directly to your computer via a Firewire connection. If I am wrong then someone hopefully will correct me.

If your computer and the Sharp camcorder have Firewire connections then you should be able to capture directly to your computer using the EMC 7.5 Capture program without even using the Dazzle 90. I have found that using Plu & Burn is not that reliable in creating a DVD. The program has to capture, encode and burn to DVD all at the same time. Any hiccups or interuptions will result in a DVD coaster. You are better off first capturing to your hard drive (in avi format) and then using DVD Builder to burn to DVD.

I'm guessing but I doubt if the OP's Sharp 8mm camera has an IEEE1394 (Firewire) connection. However, I have and still use my Dazzle DV Creator 150 program to copy stuff from my VCR, TV and old camcorder that has only analog audio and video connections, and have success making DVD's later with Roxio 7.5. That's probably not the best way to go but when you only have certain hardware, it's about the only way you can go.

Frank....

Archived