• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Slide Show Playback Issues

Cindi

Question

We have made a slide show and it play well in my dvd and when we burn it to dvd it will skip and freeze some pictures will distort we have tried it in several players and 3 computers sometimes they will play fine on one but not others they are more likley to play on a computer than a dvd player we have found very few players that they work on. We have burned several dvds 3 differant brands and differant speeds we have burned them several differant speeds all with the same results. We even bought an external dvd burner and it still does the same thing. Is there any advice you could give us on how to get a clean dvd that will play on a player?

7 answers to this question

We have made a slide show and it play well in my dvd and when we burn it to dvd it will skip and freeze some pictures will distort we have tried it in several players and 3 computers sometimes they will play fine on one but not others they are more likley to play on a computer than a dvd player we have found very few players that they work on. We have burned several dvds 3 differant brands and differant speeds we have burned them several differant speeds all with the same results. We even bought an external dvd burner and it still does the same thing. Is there any advice you could give us on how to get a clean dvd that will play on a player?

If the DVD plays well on your computer then that indicates that there is nothing wrong with the burn. Even though you have tried 3 brands of media there problem still may be with the media you are using. What brands have you used? Many of us here have found Verbatim to be excellent. Many DVD players have there own preferred brands.

Also, have you tried first burning to an iso image file and then using Video Copy & COnvert to burn to the DVD?

Hay guys your were right on all the time, it was the players even the computers we played them on were older and just players, got a new dvd recorder yesterday and it has a high level of compatibility with dvd-r/-rw dvd+r/+rw on playback that made all the differance in the world....(duh) sorry for being so hardheaded. I do have another question and would appreciate your input but I think I should start another thread as it is a differant topic. myguggi and cdanteek thanks again you guys helped me really learn alot about the program.

Cindi

If the DVD plays well on your computer then that indicates that there is nothing wrong with the burn. Even though you have tried 3 brands of media there problem still may be with the media you are using. What brands have you used? Many of us here have found Verbatim to be excellent. Many DVD players have there own preferred brands.

Also, have you tried first burning to an iso image file and then using Video Copy & COnvert to burn to the DVD?

Thank you for the time and responce, Just to clarify the dvd is more likley to play on the computer it was written on but not all the time it does skip on it also generally not as bad as a player tho. we will try another type of media this evening but as the risk of not sounding too computer challanged .... what do you mean burning it to as iso image file? Please explain at this point I will try anything.

Thanks again

Cindi

Thanks for the help. The first time we burned a disk we used Memorex 16x dvd-r not sure how fast it was set but it was the fastest we tried thought that might be the problem so we tried a few more not sure how many but at slower speeds all the way to 2x all with the same results. Then we tried imation 4x dvd-rw at 2x and there was no differance we then tried hp dvd+r 16x at 4x and still got same results. we did notice that it would studder at the same general place when replayed an a player but it might be a differant place on another player so far computers have been to play it well but they sometimes studder and it will freeze and you have to exit and restart on the following song.

Thanks for all the help

Cindi

I just made an iso file and burned a disk off of that and it still skipped but it burned it at 16x could not find an option to slow it down then I burned another this time I checked the option of stage to hard drive for better quality (slower) It still burned faster than I wanted up to 12x and skips as well but I am noticeing more of a pattern to where it skips the same pictures could this be relavant? There were some pictures that we adjusted just before finalizing ( zooms and centering and such) and we dont remember which ones but have been wondering. Hope this might help

Thanks again

Cindi

I just made an iso file and burned a disk off of that and it still skipped but it burned it at 16x could not find an option to slow it down then I burned another this time I checked the option of stage to hard drive for better quality (slower) It still burned faster than I wanted up to 12x and skips as well but I am noticeing more of a pattern to where it skips the same pictures could this be relavant? There were some pictures that we adjusted just before finalizing ( zooms and centering and such) and we dont remember which ones but have been wondering. Hope this might help

Thanks again

Cindi

Do you have your rendering set to Software or Hardware? Look under Tools/Options in Videowave or myDVD. If set to hardware, switch to software or vice versa.

What is your video card? Are the drivers and burner firmware up-to-date?

Archived