Videowave-lost Files, But Not Really Lost?

momtryingtocreate

Question

I have made a video in Videowave with pictures and songs. I have edited and re-edited about 20 times and have always been able to open everything. All of a sudden today when I am about to burn a finished copy, it is telling me that it cannot find the required files, specifically all 50 pictures. All of the pictures are still in there same place on my compter. I have not moved them. I don't understand why everything is all of a sudden lost. I haven't changed anything! Help! :angry2:

3 answers to this question

When you make a production all it is is a listing of where to find things on your drive.

You say you haven't moved anything but it's trying to look in the location the files were in when the production was made.

For some reason it can't find them.It could be a very small difference like you had them in a folder and put them in another folder.Or made the original folder a sub folder of another.Or slightly changed a file name on the original files.

For whatever reason it can't find them in the original location.

When you make a production all it is is a listing of where to find things on your drive.

You say you haven't moved anything but it's trying to look in the location the files were in when the production was made.

For some reason it can't find them.It could be a very small difference like you had them in a folder and put them in another folder.Or made the original folder a sub folder of another.Or slightly changed a file name on the original files.

For whatever reason it can't find them in the original location.

I really haven't touched anything. I think there is a way to backdate my system just in case something was changed that I am unaware of. Do you know how and where to do that? I'm not sure what else to do. Thank-you.

I really haven't touched anything. I think there is a way to backdate my system just in case something was changed that I am unaware of. Do you know how and where to do that? I'm not sure what else to do. Thank-you.

Did you get a pop up window that said that the files were lost? Use the Browse function in that window to point the program to those files. If you do one, the rest of them should also be found.

post-58-1210621640.jpg

Archived