• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

WakkoWarner

9.0.2 Update Download Link Not Working......

Question

I tried multiple times & with multiple browsers to download the 9.0.2 update - the website just links me to the Ask RoxAnn page. However, when I tried to download it on a PC, it worked fine. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem?? I have always been able to successfully download Toast updates & nothing has changed on my machine (my current G5 Mac has been used to download updates for Toast 7 & 8). I am running OS 10.4.11 & I use the NetBarrier firewall (this is currently turned off to see if it would allow the download, but it did not work). Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by WakkoWarner

6 answers to this question

I tried multiple times & with multiple browsers to download the 9.0.2 update - the website just links me to the Ask RoxAnn page. However, when I tried to download it on a PC, it worked fine. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem?? I have always been able to successfully download Toast updates & nothing has changed on my machine (my current G5 Mac has been used to download updates for Toast 7 & 8). I am running OS 10.4.11 & I use the NetBarrier firewall (this is currently turned off to see if it would allow the download, but it did not work). Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My guess is that you have some Internet security application (such as NetBarrier) blocking the referrer value, can you disable it temporarily?

My firewall was disabled & it made no difference. It is strange, because I have downloaded in the past with the firewall active & there were no issues. However, I did recently get high speed internet & am running through a Belkin firewall router. Is there something that needs to be changed in it??

My firewall was disabled & it made no difference. It is strange, because I have downloaded in the past with the firewall active & there were no issues. However, I did recently get high speed internet & am running through a Belkin firewall router. Is there something that needs to be changed in it??

The Firewall portion of Net Barrier is different from the Internet Security portion AFAIK, are you 100% that is disabled as well? The Firewall would not cause such a problem.

Other than that, all I can suggest is to try using Safari (assuming you're on FireFox)

I disabled everything in NetBarrier. I also tried Safari, Netscape 9, & IE 5.23 - all of the browsers acted exactly the same. This has got me baffled, as all past downloads went perfectly.

OK. That pointed me in the right direction to get it solved. If anyone is using NetBarrierX3, there is a tab under the Privacy area called Surf. Uncheck the box under Surf that says Last website visited. The download worked after doing that. Thanks for that link.

Edited by WakkoWarner