• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error When Encoding Menu

Mike.S

Question

I get the "80040207 Error while encoding Menu" error everytime I try to burn my video production using Roxio 10 MyDVD. The error occurs almost immediately after intiating the burn sequence. The project originates in VideoWave, and the only video clip is a long MPG file. I was able to burn a rough draft version once prior to adding any text and image overlays...but now that the project has lots of additions, it Roxio can't burn it.

I have read all the postings that I could find regarding this error...I have updated my video drivers, updated DirectX, switched to software rendering option, launched MyDVD from the file system instead of the Start menu, de-installed and re-installed Roxio. Nothing works for me. Did I miss something obvious? Could it be a problem with the codecs? I don't know.

After six or seven hours of fighting with MyDVD and getting nowhere, I eventually abandoned it, and used VideoWave "Output As..." to render a "MPEG2 for DVD, Best Quality" file that I could import into another DVD package. I eventually had to use my light-weight DVD editing tool, AVS Video Editor, to import the MPEG2 clip and create the DVD disk.

My system is a

Pentium 2.80GHz,

dual CPU with 3GB Ram,

running Media Center 2002 SP2

Video Driver: Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family 6.14.10.4543

1 answer to this question

I get the "80040207 Error while encoding Menu" error everytime I try to burn my video production using Roxio 10 MyDVD. The error occurs almost immediately after intiating the burn sequence. The project originates in VideoWave, and the only video clip is a long MPG file. I was able to burn a rough draft version once prior to adding any text and image overlays...but now that the project has lots of additions, it Roxio can't burn it.

I have read all the postings that I could find regarding this error...I have updated my video drivers, updated DirectX, switched to software rendering option, launched MyDVD from the file system instead of the Start menu, de-installed and re-installed Roxio. Nothing works for me. Did I miss something obvious? Could it be a problem with the codecs? I don't know.

After six or seven hours of fighting with MyDVD and getting nowhere, I eventually abandoned it, and used VideoWave "Output As..." to render a "MPEG2 for DVD, Best Quality" file that I could import into another DVD package. I eventually had to use my light-weight DVD editing tool, AVS Video Editor, to import the MPEG2 clip and create the DVD disk.

My system is a

Pentium 2.80GHz,

dual CPU with 3GB Ram,

running Media Center 2002 SP2

Video Driver: Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family 6.14.10.4543

If software rendering doesn't work, then that Intel chipset propably isn't going to work with the software. If you have an available AGP slot, I would get a standalone video card.

Archived