• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Gif Animations In Videowave?

Floyd

Question

When I create Videowave presentations of vacations we've traveled, I always create a video showing the path of a particular route we take, then save them as AVI files and put them in videowave. However, these 'videos' can become relatively large at times, and I was wondering if it is possible to just create an animated GIF instead of a video. I attempted this and placed the animated GIF within Videowave, but it didn't show the animation.

Does anyone know if this is possible OR if there is another format I can use to show these animations that don't require as much space as these AVI files?

Thanks for your help!

6 answers to this question

Thanks. However, I'm uncertain how to convert them using Videowave. I'm in Videowave and can insert them as a slide, but I don't see how to convert them.

Thanks for your help!

What program did you use to create the avis?

In videowave bring in your avi and then select File/Output As or click the 2nd last small icon in the preview panel. Then in the Make Movie window that pops up select DVD playback under purpose. You can also look at some of the other options. Then set filename and folder for your output file and then click Create Videofile.

Always use avi files to edit, the result will be a better quality production.(they are larger because of the better quality) If you don't have a second hard drive dedicated to data storage only it will be a good idea to get one. Videowave will work better without all the clutter on the drive containing the OS. Also check the codec of your avi files to see if they're compatible with the codecs in Videowave.

djpattyd

For what Floyd is actually doing, mpg files will suit his needs just fine.

AVI files are larger because they are not compressed. The "quality" is equal to an mpg. However, mpgs will suffer if you have to uncompress them to do something and recompress them.

Change the Video Wave display to the timeline view. It will show the first image of the AVI and a blue bar to show the duration. Use the preview window to watch the video.

Always use avi files to edit, the result will be a better quality production.(they are larger because of the better quality) If you don't have a second hard drive dedicated to data storage only it will be a good idea to get one. Videowave will work better without all the clutter on the drive containing the OS. Also check the codec of your avi files to see if they're compatible with the codecs in Videowave.

djpattyd

When I create Videowave presentations of vacations we've traveled, I always create a video showing the path of a particular route we take, then save them as AVI files and put them in videowave. However, these 'videos' can become relatively large at times, and I was wondering if it is possible to just create an animated GIF instead of a video. I attempted this and placed the animated GIF within Videowave, but it didn't show the animation.

Does anyone know if this is possible OR if there is another format I can use to show these animations that don't require as much space as these AVI files?

Thanks for your help!

Convert the avi's to mpeg2 DVD quality in Videowave. You could then dump the avis

Archived