Recording Music From The Internet?

crowley_67@yahoo.com

Question

12 answers to this question

You should be able to.In Easy Audio Capture try and set the input to Wav while you are listening to the station and see if the meters move,they should.If they do you're good to go.I don't know what soundcard you have but it should have a Wav setting.

Good point Paul.I'm sure the SoundMax should be onboard also.I have 2 Intel MB's that have it on them.

Crowley,start your computer and when it says which key to hit to enter setup,do it.Once you're in setup look for

a place that says onboard audio and make sure it's disabled.Don't know what computer you have so I'm not sure what the Bios looks like but it could be under a category that is peripherals or something like that.If you disable it,hit the button that tells you save and reboot and see if this makes a difference.If this causes any problem just go back in and undo what you did.

I don't know why wav wouldn't work.These are common sounds made by your computer,they're the most common sounds a computer makes.If you can hear other sounds then you should be able to use wav to record.Look at the attachment I've added and make sure it's pretty much set the same.There aren't very many options.The thing to make sure of is that "capture from" is set to the correct sound source (your card).

Good point Paul.I'm sure the SoundMax should be onboard also.I have 2 Intel MB's that have it on them.

Crowley,start your computer and when it says which key to hit to enter setup,do it.Once you're in setup look for

a place that says onboard audio and make sure it's disabled.Don't know what computer you have so I'm not sure what the Bios looks like but it could be under a category that is peripherals or something like that.If you disable it,hit the button that tells you save and reboot and see if this makes a difference.If this causes any problem just go back in and undo what you did.

Thanks for your help fellas.I called support and got it figured out.I had to route the audio from a patch bay area on my card.Actually the software that came with it.Like a patch bay.Good to go now.Thanks again! :)

I have mine set to 'Play what U Hear" and it records from anything that's playing on the computer whether its a cd, dvd or streaming audio. That function is not available on many with onboard audio.

I don't know why wav wouldn't work.These are common sounds made by your computer,they're the most common sounds a computer makes.If you can hear other sounds then you should be able to use wav to record.Look at the attachment I've added and make sure it's pretty much set the same.There aren't very many options.The thing to make sure of is that "capture from" is set to the correct sound source (your card).

Thanks for the tip.I am using E-MU 1010 PCI Card(EDSP WAVE [EC00].I used the setting youve shown still nothing.I alos have another choice to use-Soundmax digital audio in the box along with my sound card choice bit ive tried them both.Maybe i need a different soundcard.

I'm not sure about this,I may be way off base.From what I've looked up this card is a digital card.It could be that you're trying to capture an analog signal with a digital output.Like I said I'm not sure about this.I could be totally wrong.Paul if you get a chance google this card and let us know what you think.

You should be able to.In Easy Audio Capture try and set the input to Wav while you are listening to the station and see if the meters move,they should.If they do you're good to go.I don't know what soundcard you have but it should have a Wav setting.

That sounds like what i need.That option isnt available with the sound card i have i guess.Ive tried using wave as input and still nothing.This suxx....

I'm not sure about this,I may be way off base.From what I've looked up this card is a digital card.It could be that you're trying to capture an analog signal with a digital output.Like I said I'm not sure about this.I could be totally wrong.Paul if you get a chance google this card and let us know what you think.

From the little I saw, it appears this card has some good reviews. I've never heard about it but I don't always look for those things.

I wonder if the SoundMax, which I'm sure is an onboard card, should even be listed. After installing an early beta of Vista, I noticed that it somehow changed my BIOS settings so that my onboard audio was on as well as my dedicated card. This can cause problems and I certainly would think you wouldn't want both installed. crowly_67 might want to look into the possibility of turning the Soundmax off and see if it makes a difference. The two together in my system did cause me problems.

I'm sort of having this same problem, except my Easy Audio Capture only allows me to select "Microphone" or "Stereo Mix" as my input. And I'm not able to change my "Capture From." I don't know much about sound cards...so could someone please help?

EDIT: Nevermind! I got it! :)

Archived