Pc Screen Freezes

KidCreole

Hi folks..don't know if I am at the right forum!!!

Excuses.. :(

For a few days now my screen has started to freeze on me

and the mouse is stuck and I can't do anything with it..

and I have had to forcibly shut down my PC..and start again..

with a blue screen and that pc was not shut down properly....

It is getting me down..

Why should this be happening..

Help much appreciated.

Thanks

:)

First you should do some spring cleaning. Start in safe mode and if you can get it running in safe mode, run a disc cleanup, a defrag and then a virus scan and spyware scan.

Then reboot and if things still aren't working well, start back in safe mode and go into msconfig and under the start up, disable all the entries and reboot. It will then be trial and error as to what items may be causing the problems.

First you should do some spring cleaning. Start in safe mode and if you can get it running in safe mode, run a disc cleanup, a defrag and then a virus scan and spyware scan.

Then reboot and if things still aren't working well, start back in safe mode and go into msconfig and under the start up, disable all the entries and reboot. It will then be trial and error as to what items may be causing the problems.

Yo Beerman,

Hey I did a spring clean and an overhaul...

Clean up, defragmentation, virus and spyware scan..

All a ok..now so far

Thanks again. :)

Kid

Yo Beerman,

Hey I did a spring clean and an overhaul...

Clean up, defragmentation, virus and spyware scan..

All a ok..now so far

Thanks again. :)

Kid

Most likely spyware was the culprit. People would be very surprised how many web sites are infected! It's a good policy to run 3 different ones each weeks or so if you can and use a browser that protects you better (not IE6).

Most likely spyware was the culprit. People would be very surprised how many web sites are infected! It's a good policy to run 3 different ones each weeks or so if you can and use a browser that protects you better (not IE6).

Thanks Paul..

Much appreciated.

:)

Archived