• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tv Safe Zone

Sis. E

Question

I've been making videos using Videowave 9. I added text within the safe zone and for the most part on computers I can see all of the text, but on my widescreen tv I cannot, even though the movie was made with a widescreen camera and the production is set at 16:9, and the text is way within the safe zone. Any ideas on what I can do? Would appreciate the help.

6 answers to this question

Thank you for the quick response! But no, there are no black bars around it. The video comes out fine. But the text that I add, is cut off. And I've shrunk it so much within the TV Safe Zone, I just can't figure it out. If I add the color panel on the video line and then at the video as an overlay and then add text to that. Wouldn't it be the same thing?

Does your widescreen televison have more than one setting? Mine has 3.

Also, is your DVD player set to widescreen?

Does your widescreen televison have more than one setting? Mine has 3.

Also, is your DVD player set to widescreen?

Yes it has a few. I've tried to adjust the ratio settings on my TV. It doesn't seem to make a difference. As for my DVD player, I don't know. I have to look at the manual. It is a BOSE 123 system that has the built in cd/dvd player. I don't know if it has any settings. I will check the manual. What should the settings be on both, in the meantime?

I've been making videos using Videowave 9. I added text within the safe zone and for the most part on computers I can see all of the text, but on my widescreen tv I cannot, even though the movie was made with a widescreen camera and the production is set at 16:9, and the text is way within the safe zone. Any ideas on what I can do? Would appreciate the help.

You can add a color panel to the main track and then add the video on an overlay track. Adjust to fit.

Are you seeing black bars around the video. If so, that is another issue.

You can add a color panel to the main track and then add the video on an overlay track. Adjust to fit.

Are you seeing black bars around the video. If so, that is another issue.

Thank you for the quick response! But no, there are no black bars around it. The video comes out fine. But the text that I add, is cut off. And I've shrunk it so much within the TV Safe Zone, I just can't figure it out. If I add the color panel on the video line and then at the video as an overlay and then add text to that. Wouldn't it be the same thing?

I misread your first post. I thought that the text was Ok and the video was cut off.

Archived