• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
acceofred

Installation Of Popcorn 3

Question

Installed Popcorn 3 on my Apple MacBook, Pro but after dragging application as told now getting nothing. Cannot open application folder. Removed and installed 2nd time but also stuck at opening stage even though 1st instal sent to Trash and then deleted. What can I do to get it running. Forum shows this appears to be a recurring problem. No response to ticket 559336 on the subject.

8 answers to this question

Are you saying you can't open the folder that contains the Popcorn application or is it that you can't launch the Popcorn application?

When you dragged the Popcorn folder from the install disc (or disk image if it was a download) it should have taken a little while for all the contents to copy to the hard drive. Is that what happened?

You can download the Popcorn 3.0.2 update and try mounting and installing from it. The update includes everything from the original disc or purchase download.

where you guys able to figure out how to run popcorn 3? i bought it and it is not working...

thanks

Update to 3.0.2 if you haven't already

I have been having the exact same problem after installing Popcorn 3. Roxio won't even allow me to download the update. This is the MOST disappointing software and software company I have ever dealt with.

I just downloaded the update without any issue.. Issues such as downloaded are solely system specific. You might want to ensure firewall such as Netbarrier is not blocking the site.

Edited by firenhancer

disable extensions like AdBlock if you use Firefox and still have problem downloading.

You need 3.0.2 if you want to use it in Leopard.

I received email from Roxio Customer Care and I've checked my firewalls, etc ... very strange.

You mention checking firewalls.. Do you have Netbarrier?