• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

My Dvd Won't Burn

Tpiteo

Question

When I press burn, the system locks up and I have to reboot to start. If no movie is present, it tells me. If I try to burn a movie.nada.lock up. lock down. What gives. My previous versions of My DVD performed flawlessly until I had to reinstall it after a system crash. Decided to upgrade. This is MY DVD 10.

6 answers to this question

When I press burn, the system locks up and I have to reboot to start. If no movie is present, it tells me. If I try to burn a movie.nada.lock up. lock down. What gives. My previous versions of My DVD performed flawlessly until I had to reinstall it after a system crash. Decided to upgrade. This is MY DVD 10.

Are you burning to disc or and image file or video folder? Please also post your system specs.

XP SP2

AMD 1.09

! G Ram

Radeon 9000

SONY DRX 510

I used MY DVD 4 successfully for several years. After a system crash and reinstall, it no longer would work. It would go into an endless loop and not allow me to load movies. Uninstalled and reinstalled too many times to be considered rational behavior. Same thing with MY DVD 10-wouldn't work. Creator 10 finally installed after 8 or 9 attempts but then took several hours-I mean hours ( I had a Dr.'s apt. and left it running)- to boot beyond the splash screen. Then of course it locked up when I tried to use it.

Oh yea, I try to burn to disk. When I hit burn, there is a brief flash and then nothing. I left it on and went out. When I came home 2 hours later, it was encoding. I checked it several times during the night-still running, but making progress. In the morning I get a message that there wasb't enough room on the disk. What disk? when did that happen?

I am successfully able to burn DVD's using other movie copy software and drag and drop software. I know my system works.

XP SP2

AMD 1.09

! G Ram

Radeon 9000

SONY DRX 510

I used MY DVD 4 successfully for several years. After a system crash and reinstall, it no longer would work. It would go into an endless loop and not allow me to load movies. Uninstalled and reinstalled too many times to be considered rational behavior. Same thing with MY DVD 10-wouldn't work. Creator 10 finally installed after 8 or 9 attempts but then took several hours-I mean hours ( I had a Dr.'s apt. and left it running)- to boot beyond the splash screen. Then of course it locked up when I tried to use it.

Oh yea, I try to burn to disk. When I hit burn, there is a brief flash and then nothing. I left it on and went out. When I came home 2 hours later, it was encoding. I checked it several times during the night-still running, but making progress. In the morning I get a message that there wasb't enough room on the disk. What disk? when did that happen?

I am successfully able to burn DVD's using other movie copy software and drag and drop software. I know my system works.

That Radeon 9000 isn't going to cut it with this software. You can try updating the drivers for it, but I doubt that it will work any better, because that card doesn't support DirectX 9.

XP SP2

AMD 1.09

! G Ram

Radeon 9000

SONY DRX 510

False premise neither are equivalent. What kind of movie are you trying to copy? I assume that you know that you cannot copy a commercial disc.

Do you really have a 1.09 ghz processor? If so you do not meet the minimum requirements.

I had burned a lot of movies that were on VHS to DVD in addition to training videos that we use on the job. I also had several hours of vacation videos.

If I could get MY DVD 4 to work again, I would be happy.

actually the minimum requirements call for 500Mhz

I have backed up my commercial disks using (deleted for legal reasons). never a problem. If you don't back up the kids disks, you lose them.

Note: Copying a commercial disc is illegal in most parts of the world even for a back up of something you own. Discussions of that sort are not allowed on this site.

I had burned a lot of movies that were on VHS to DVD in addition to training videos that we use on the job. I also had several hours of vacation videos.

If I could get MY DVD 4 to work again, I would be happy.

actually the minimum requirements call for 500Mhz

I have backed up my commercial disks using (deleted for legal reasons). never a problem. If you don't back up the kids disks, you lose them.

Don't pay any attention to the absolutely lame minimum requirements that Roxio has on their site. Those minimums are good enough to get your computer to boot, and that is it.

Your computer may have been good with the 8 year old software that you were using, but I am sorry to say, it isn't going to work with EMC 10.

Archived