• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tech Support...............are You Out There?

grego137

Question

Im at the end of my rope.

After wasting $65.00 worth of DVD+R DL in the last 24 hrs. trying to get my iso to burn ,Im in desperate need of help and I really need to speak to someone,

does anyone know of a phone number to talk to a tech. person without paying $2.00 a minute.

they've already taken a few hundred dollars of my money, and im not too excited about giving them more.

and no more email tech support questions , it usually takes 3 days to get an answer, and when they respond, they're asking you another question. so basically it takes 1 week to get 1 question answered.

Roxio, maybe you should make instructions to go along with your product, so people know how to use it.

thanks.

3 answers to this question

Im at the end of my rope.

After wasting $65.00 worth of DVD+R DL in the last 24 hrs. trying to get my iso to burn ,Im in desperate need of help and I really need to speak to someone,

does anyone know of a phone number to talk to a tech. person without paying $2.00 a minute.

they've already taken a few hundred dollars of my money, and im not too excited about giving them more.

and no more email tech support questions , it usually takes 3 days to get an answer, and when they respond, they're asking you another question. so basically it takes 1 week to get 1 question answered.

Roxio, maybe you should make instructions to go along with your product, so people know how to use it.

thanks.

I'll assume you've made sure you have the latest firmware for your burner but exactly how are you trying to burn this ISO to disc?

Give Imgburn a try and let's see if we can narrow down the problem a bit.

I'll assume you've made sure you have the latest firmware for your burner but exactly how are you trying to burn this ISO to disc?

Give Imgburn a try and let's see if we can narrow down the problem a bit.

thanks for the response.

I talked to ATI today and I uninstalled and reinstalled my driver, same results.

in a nut shell, finished my project (7.37Gb)

burned to an ISO, made sure I checked DVD+R DL

went to burn from ISO to disc (dbl. clicked ISO and went from there)

instantly got the message "this disc is incompatable with the source disc"

went out

came back in through start/ programs/Roxio/copy/Disc Copier

started burn got error "invalid parameter 0x00000004" backed out and got "unspecified erroe 0x4"

one time I even got "select source is too big to fit on the disc"

the project is 7.37gb using a 8.5gb DL disc with 8.0 of usable space

Update: just downloaded and tried imagburn and had a successful burn.

Maybe you guys at imagburn can give the guys at Roxio some insight.

thanks for the reply.

thanks for the response.

I talked to ATI today and I uninstalled and reinstalled my driver, same results.

in a nut shell, finished my project (7.37Gb)

burned to an ISO, made sure I checked DVD+R DL

went to burn from ISO to disc (dbl. clicked ISO and went from there)

instantly got the message "this disc is incompatable with the source disc"

went out

came back in through start/ programs/Roxio/copy/Disc Copier

started burn got error "invalid parameter 0x00000004" backed out and got "unspecified erroe 0x4"

one time I even got "select source is too big to fit on the disc"

the project is 7.37gb using a 8.5gb DL disc with 8.0 of usable space

Update: just downloaded and tried imagburn and had a successful burn.

Maybe you guys at imagburn can give the guys at Roxio some insight.

thanks for the reply.

It's not your video card that may need updating but the firmware of your burner. From my personal experience with Dell computers (I have had and still have plenty between work and home) the dvd drives they install are crap! So why does Imgburn work and not Roxio? Don't know, most of the time Roxio works for me just fine especially, Disc Copier. But either way, I'm glad you got it working.

Archived