• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Saving As An Mpeg For The Web

stadsklev

Question

I have used Easy Media Creator 7 to make dvds, no problem (well a few) but how do I make the finished product into an mpeg file? I have to have mpeg for the site that I want to upload my finished product to their site, only accepts mpeg. I've looked and looked by can't find that option if it exsists.

Mark

7 answers to this question

Hello,

I checked my files. When I use EMC 7 it opens a screen labeled in the top left as "dvd builder", it looks very similar to video wave, with most of the same tools, except for 'output your production as' icon. When I save it in dvd builder it saves as a .dmsd file.

When I open Videowave it only recognizes files with extention .dmsm so it appears I can NOT open a file done in dvd builder EMC7 with Video Wave software.

Hello,

I checked my files. When I use EMC 7 it opens a screen labeled in the top left as "dvd builder", it looks very similar to video wave, with most of the same tools, except for 'output your production as' icon. When I save it in dvd builder it saves as a .dmsd file.

When I open Videowave it only recognizes files with extention .dmsm so it appears I can NOT open a file done in dvd builder EMC7 with Video Wave software.

You are correct, but you can open that .dmsd file in DVD Builder.

Guest mlpasley
You are correct, but you can open that .dmsd file in DVD Builder.

And you're going to want to get that production from DVD Builder to VideoWave.

I'm going to give you a solution, but I'm doing it from memory, so you're going to have to let me know if I've remembered it correctly.

Open DVD Builder and that .dmsd production. Use Advanced edit and make a change (ie. put a color panel at the end ). Close Advanced edit. Do a File\ Save but DO NOT close DVD Builder. DVD Builder will erase the file you need if you close it.

Now with DVD Builder still open, do a Windows\ Search for a .dmsm file. Make certain that you do an Advanced search and search in hidden folders AND subfolders. You should find a .dmsm file with a strange name but the current date.

Double click on that file which will open VideoWave. DO AN IMMEDIATE File\ Save As.... and give it another name. Now you can edit the new file in VideoWave and it's safe to close the DVD Builder production.

(Now I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that my memory was good. ) :)

I have used Easy Media Creator 7 to make dvds, no problem (well a few) but how do I make the finished product into an mpeg file? I have to have mpeg for the site that I want to upload my finished product to their site, only accepts mpeg. I've looked and looked by can't find that option if it exsists.

Mark

If you import your file into Videowave, you can save it as any type of file you want. I'm not sure what type of file you're starting with but if it's a vob file, you can try changing the extension to .mpg.

If you want to use VW, simply go to File/Output As and then choose the format you want (mpeg).

Guest mlpasley

To add to what was said.....

First, find out what the website requirements are for mpeg, ie. size, fps, etc.

Then in VideoWave, do a File\ Output production to.... choose VIDEO FILE, then under Purpose, choose SHOW ALL. You'll see all the options available and there are a lot of options.

Thank you for the reply. I found out after I posted that video wave would make an mpeg file. Something I discovered last year and forgot.

But if I've already done all the editing work in Media creator, can it be transfered or opened in Video Wave, I can not do all that work over again in video wave.

Why are Media Creator and Video Wave so similar? What is the reason for even haveing media creator if Video Wave does the same thing and more?

Thanks again for your help and instruction and time.

Regards,

Mark

Thank you for the reply. I found out after I posted that video wave would make an mpeg file. Something I discovered last year and forgot.

But if I've already done all the editing work in Media creator, can it be transfered or opened in Video Wave, I can not do all that work over again in video wave.

Why are Media Creator and Video Wave so similar? What is the reason for even haveing media creator if Video Wave does the same thing and more?

Thanks again for your help and instruction and time.

Regards,

Mark

If you used Easy Media Creator 7 to create your slideshow then your must have used Videowave. EMC 7 is just a container for a suite of programs one of which is Videowave. If you save your project then you should be able to open it using Videowave, look for files with the extension dmsm.

Archived