• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 9.02 Crashes When Encoding Eyetv Recordings

Dan Friml

Question

Yes, it crashes everytime when encoding is on and I want to fit the recordings to a single layer DVD. It happens also when I want to create an image file. It crashes around 11% and then it says something like 'Couldn't complete because Mac OS error'...

Is it just me or does this happen to someone else too?

6 answers to this question

This works, but I have to say, this is not the most optimal way to burn my EyeTV recordings :) It's one extra step which takes relatively a lot of time... I'd like to know if the problem is Toast 9.0.2 bug or EyeTV bug...

This means the problem is in Toast demultiplexing the video in the EyeTV package. I believe it is a bug in Toast. Use the feedback link in Toast Help to send a report to them about this problem. Be sure to describe the specs of the EyeTV video (Toast displays this with the title in the video window).

Yes, it crashes everytime when encoding in on and I want to fit the recordings to a single layer DVD. It happens also when I want to create an image file. It crashes around 11% ans then it says something like 'Couldn't complete because Mac OS error'...

Is it just me or does this happen to someone else too?

Which model of EyeTV and is the EyeTV capturing a digital program or encoding an analog program? I'm presuming you've tested with different EyeTV recordings to eliminate the possibility that something is damaged with one recording. Are you using EyeTV to send to Toast or are you using the Toast Media Browser to add the EyeTV recordings?

Here's a workaround to try. In EyeTV choose Export and save the video as elementary streams. Then add the .m2v stream to Toast (Toast will automatically add the matching audio stream). Now see if you can save as disc image.

Which model of EyeTV and is the EyeTV capturing a digital program or encoding an analog program? I'm presuming you've tested with different EyeTV recordings to eliminate the possibility that something is damaged with one recording. Are you using EyeTV to send to Toast or are you using the Toast Media Browser to add the EyeTV recordings?

Here's a workaround to try. In EyeTV choose Export and save the video as elementary streams. Then add the .m2v stream to Toast (Toast will automatically add the matching audio stream). Now see if you can save as disc image.

It's EyeTV Diversity capturing a digital program. I tested many recordings I did lately and as I wrote above, it crashes everytime, with any recording I tried to encode and burn... I use the 'send to toast' button in EyeTV.

I'll try the workaround, Thanks for the tip!

I get the same thing sometimes, and it's always with using the Toast Media Browser to export EyeTV recordings to my Movies folder. I do this a lot to save disk space.

Same problem occurs if I want to burn a disk rather than export to Movies.

Mine is an EyeTV Hybrid. It's always a digital program. Some files will work, some won't. But when they won't, It's always Mac OS Error 50.

This works, but I have to say, this is not the most optimal way to burn my EyeTV recordings :) It's one extra step which takes relatively a lot of time... I'd like to know if the problem is Toast 9.0.2 bug or EyeTV bug...

Archived