• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cd Spin Doctor Won't Save Active Tracks

skull

Question

I just upgraded from Toast 6 to 9 but CD spin doctor still crashes often even with 2 GB of RAM and dual 2 GB intel processors. Worse, Spin doctor won't save active tracks--at least not the way it did before. I click Save active tracks and the box appears and I select the destination folder and the window that says "this may take a moment" briefly appears then disappears but the track is never, never saved. I tried going back to Spin doctor 2.0 but it just crashes now. I am really disappointed. I thought that going from spin doctor 2.0 to 5.0, the performance would improve but now, it doesn't even work.

The AIFF file for which I am trying to define tracks is just a 50 minute live recording. I am running Mac OS 10.5.2 and CD Spin Doctor v5.0.1.617t.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

8 answers to this question

Well, I tried both suggestions and nada. In fact, when I tried to open the blank icon, Toast opened and told me it couldn't open the file as it was an unsupported format.

I think I will uninstall Toast 9 and see if Toast 8 works.

Well tsantee, I had to let you know this one. I was on another Mac forum tonight that was totally unrelated and a member asked the best way to convert LPs on their Mac. One great reply talked about the RIAA curve etc. and mentioned the iMic (from Griffin) being needed. That surprised me. I had always used the iMic with my Quicksilver G4. I used it because that model came with NO audio inputs: Something I had always regretted. So, when I got my new iMac with its great Audio in/optical digital audio in port, I thought Goodbye iMic. and plugged in directly from my stereo amp. We know that didn't work. Well, tonight I hauled out my Griffin iMic and connected from the amp to a USB port on my iMac (after reinstalling Toast 9) and everything works.

Thank you for all your support

Rob

Edited due to triple entry.

Same problem. I define tracks and type in track names then save but when I recall, track names are gone and so are the track waveforms. I cant transfer to iTunes but the music will still play in Spin Doctor. All track data is just zeros. I am using Toast 9 on a new 24" iMac.

Just tried a test.

. I recorded two tracks off an LP, defined the tracks manually and typed in the two track names then saved. Then I closed CDSD and opened it again and clicked "Open an existing file". My test shows up as a blank icon but it opened without a waveform or track names. It will play.

The program says that it was saved in user/library/application support/spin doctor/scratch but when I checked, the scratch folder contained only an iTunes temp folder (which was empty) and the test file was in the spin doctor folder. I dragged it into the "scratch" folder and tried opening my App again. This time when I selected it, the window said it was generating a waveform and then the App froze. I had to force quit CDSD.

It takes an act of God to contact Roxio with a tech problem so I hope this forum can help.

Oh yeah. I downloaded the newest update but I am on a dial up so you know it took 21 hours and wouldn't open due to an error. Ain't technology great?

Same problem. I define tracks and type in track names then save but when I recall, track names are gone and so are the track waveforms. I cant transfer to iTunes but the music will still play in Spin Doctor. All track data is just zeros. I am using Toast 9 on a new 24" iMac.

Well, that's not how it's supposed to work. Look in your User>Library>Preferences folder. Is there a com.roxio.deepseasoftware.CDSpinDoctor.plist file? If not, that's a good clue to the problem. If there is trash it and relaunch Spin Doctor.

In Spin Doctor Preferences choose a different location for the Scratch file. Now again select the Scratch folder that's inside the CDSpinDoctor folder inside the Application Support folder. Now while recording something leave Spin Doctor to look inside that Scratch folder to see if the audio file is being written there.

If you can get Spin Doctor to put the source file where Spin Doctor expects to find it, I think you'll get this to work.

Thanks for your quick response tsantee but no luck. I trashed the plist file and relocated the scratch file (documents) but no difference. It says it is building a waveform but window is blank. In DETAILS, all info is there as typed except track time and size are all zeros.

The file shows up in documents but the icon is just a blank dog eared page

As before, when I hit PLAY, I get the music but if I try to send to iTunes, I am told no active file to transfer.

I see another post by John D describing my problem exactly.

Thanks for your quick response tsantee but no luck. I trashed the plist file and relocated the scratch file (documents) but no difference. It says it is building a waveform but window is blank. In DETAILS, all info is there as typed except track time and size are all zeros.

The file shows up in documents but the icon is just a blank dog eared page

As before, when I hit PLAY, I get the music but if I try to send to iTunes, I am told no active file to transfer.

I see another post by John D describing my problem exactly.

John D's suggestion to choose Save As so that the entire file gets saved elsewhere and then reopen from that location makes sense as a workaround. Another thing to try is to relocate the Scratch location to somewhere else such as your Music folder. I wonder if that would work.

Archived