Mydvd 10 Burning Problem

NiMies

Question

I have purchased MyDvd 10 (Easy Media Creator 10) a few days ago and I tried to Burn a DVD project unto an empty valid 4.7GB DVD. The encoding and burning process completes to 100% BUT my DVD REMAINS EMPTY AND NO BURNING ACTUALLY GETS DONE! <_< As this have been repeating itself I have become more and more frustrated because I haven't even yet burned ONE SINGLE PROJECT.

I would gladly appreciate if anyone could help me. I am trying to enjoy a Roxio's product but there seem to be a problem... so please help. Thank you.

!EDITED!: This time by Burning again, once the process reached 100% I received an Error stating: Destination drive doesn't have enough space. Error while Burning Image

80004003 Error while Aborting

Additional information:

-I have already been able to burn DVDs in DATA form using Easy Media Creator 10

-Windows XP

-Computer featues are good.

9 answers to this question

I have purchased MyDvd 10 (Easy Media Creator 10) a few days ago and I tried to Burn a DVD project unto an empty valid 4.7GB DVD. The encoding and burning process completes to 100% BUT my DVD REMAINS EMPTY AND NO BURNING ACTUALLY GETS DONE! <_< As this have been repeating itself I have become more and more frustrated because I haven't even yet burned ONE SINGLE PROJECT.

I would gladly appreciate if anyone could help me. I am trying to enjoy a Roxio's product but there seem to be a problem... so please help. Thank you.

Additional information:

-I have already been able to burn DVDs in DATA form using Easy Media Creator 10

-Windows XP

-Computer featues are very good.

First make sure your dvd burner has updated firmware. However, I suggest that instead of burning directly to disc, that you save to an image file then use the Video Copy & Convert to burn that image file to a dvd. It's an extra step but one that is usually more successful.

Beerman's suggestion is a good one, of course.

Also, when it appears to be burning (as opposed to encoding), does your DVD burner's light go on and do you hear it humming? Additionally, I'm wondering what brand media you are using for your blank DVDs.

Beerman's suggestion is a good one, of course.

Also, when it appears to be burning (as opposed to encoding), does your DVD burner's light go on and do you hear it humming? Additionally, I'm wondering what brand media you are using for your blank DVDs.

I should also have asked NiMies to post his/her computer specs. Something there may stand out.

Guys thank you for the replies: I have additional information to add as I have done by editing my first post. This is just to make sure you guys read it.

By trying to burn again, once the proccess reached to 100% I received an ERROR stating: Destination drive doesn't have enough space. Error while Burning Image

I am not quite sure what it means by "Destination drive". I do know that the movie used 4676.7MB with 23.3 MB remaining though.

I once again gladly appreciate for all your help, Thank you!

Guys thank you for the replies: I have additional information to add as I have done by editing my first post. This is just to make sure you guys read it.

By trying to burn again, once the proccess reached to 100% I received an ERROR stating: Destination drive doesn't have enough space. Error while Burning Image

I gladly appreciate for all your help, Thank you!

I'm not exactly sure I understand what you've done. Did the image file finish successfully and you got this message in Video Copy & Convert when burning the image to disc or did you get this message when you the image file was being created? How big is your hard drive and how much free space do you have? Again, please post your computer specs.

I gladly appreciate for all your help, Thank you!

Here's a thread that goes into an 800040003 error message which has some suggestions you might want to consider.... There are other ones out there if you search this forum by clicking the word search under the roxio support text in the upper right part of this forum.

I do know that the movie used 4676.7MB with 23.3 MB remaining though.

A 4.7 GB DVD does NOT hold 4.7 GB of computer files.

It normally holds around 4.3 GB of information, so if your movie file is 4.676 GB, it won't fit on a normal DVD.

You can use the Fit to Disk option, but that will decrease the quality of your video.

The normal rule of thumb is ONE HOUR of video onto a 4.7 GB DVD.

Archived