• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc9 Easy Audio Capture Don't Recognize My Sound Card

roxiofails???

Question

it used to work when i first installed the program on my laptop. now i'm running a 64-bit OS/installed and updated my audio drivers but the audio capture doesn't recognize my sound card and now when i record an audio through my microphone the sound is distorted. i wanted to record the audio through my sound card,like i did before HD format.

the only two listing under the Capture From are 1. Microphone High Def. Audio and when i choose it i get this error message "Could not open sound device! (Modem #0 Line Record)" and the second option is Microphone High Def. Audio..i don't get any error message with this but the recorded wav file is of poor quality.

would appreciate any help

btw..i did go through the control panel>sound>enabling every devices found there. (Speakers+Digital output device (SPDIF))

4 answers to this question

it used to work when i first installed the program on my laptop. now i'm running a 64-bit OS/installed and updated my audio drivers but the audio capture doesn't recognize my sound card and now when i record an audio through my microphone the sound is distorted. i wanted to record the audio through my sound card,like i did before HD format.

the only two listing under the Capture From are 1. Microphone High Def. Audio and when i choose it i get this error message "Could not open sound device! (Modem #0 Line Record)" and the second option is Microphone High Def. Audio..i don't get any error message with this but the recorded wav file is of poor quality.

would appreciate any help

btw..i did go through the control panel>sound>enabling every devices found there. (Speakers+Digital output device (SPDIF))

You can click on the search button, upper right of your screen, and type in 64-bit, and see if anything there, helps you.

Your problem is probably the sound card - to record audio you really need a line in as the mic input is usually too high a level which would cause the clipping/distortion you are having

Short term - experiment with the audio output levels (if you can) from the source device. Failing that, you may have to get a USB or PCMCIA audio device that can handle the levels

Archived