I Can't Find Chapter Option In Emc 9 !

videodummy

Question

Hello, I am not new to making DVD's however i just bought a new Dell, and on it is EMC 9. I have been trying to create a DVD. I open up the program(Roxio Creator Premiere), i select "create DVD" on the right side. I select "add new Movie" on the left side. After i select an MPEG movie and bring it in to the program, i right click on the movie title (under project view) and select "edit movie". From that point i cannot find anything about making chapters. I even looked in the HELP section, and what is described i cannot do. There is no chapter making or editing i can find. What am i doing wrong?

Also .. i see alot of people mention Videowave as a solution. I don't have that. At least i don't think i do. If i need that program how can i get it? Should it be included with EMC 9 or is it a separate program entirely. I used to use Ulead programs on the old computer and i got used to them. So in a way i am starting all over with new programs and terminology etc... Thanks for the help!!!!

3 answers to this question

Hello, I am not new to making DVD's however i just bought a new Dell, and on it is EMC 9. I have been trying to create a DVD. I open up the program(Roxio Creator Premiere), i select "create DVD" on the right side. I select "add new Movie" on the left side. After i select an MPEG movie and bring it in to the program, i right click on the movie title (under project view) and select "edit movie". From that point i cannot find anything about making chapters. I even looked in the HELP section, and what is described i cannot do. There is no chapter making or editing i can find. What am i doing wrong?

Also .. i see alot of people mention Videowave as a solution. I don't have that. At least i don't think i do. If i need that program how can i get it? Should it be included with EMC 9 or is it a separate program entirely. I used to use Ulead programs on the old computer and i got used to them. So in a way i am starting all over with new programs and terminology etc... Thanks for the help!!!!

You have a stripped down OEM version of the software. I don't know what it can or cannot do, sow you are at the mercy of Dell. If you have MyDVD in your version, bring your movie in, and right click on it, and select Edit Chapters.

Thanks for the response! No i don't have MyDVD with the program. In your opinion, is Roxio a good program for making DVD's ? Is there a better program out there that can do more? Since i have a stripped down version of EMC 9, should i upgrade to a full version of 9 or should i get 10?

Thanks for the response! No i don't have MyDVD with the program. In your opinion, is Roxio a good program for making DVD's ? Is there a better program out there that can do more? Since i have a stripped down version of EMC 9, should i upgrade to a full version of 9 or should i get 10?

I have used the Roxio programs, for video DVD's, since version 7. The only version, since then, that was junk, was EMC 8. All others have been good.

Archived