• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

"add Movie Operation Failed"

stick_theory

Question

i recently got a new pc with vista installed. i installed emc 8 as it was on the old pc with all the same settings. now whenever i try to add a movie i get the error message 80004005: Add movie operation failed. On the old pc, i am able to add these movies but not on the new one. ( i realise i should use the old one but it takes at least 5 hours to encode a movie on it and i dont have exclusive access to it ). I have read through the forum and therefore have updated all my drivers, have all the necessary codecs and more (ffdshow, ac3 filter, k-lite codec pack, have applied the hotfix, and none of it works. i have all the settings the same as the old pc but still nothing. the only difference is that the old pc is xp and a much cheaper graphics card. (by the way, the new pc laptop has a geforce 8600m gt).

im thinking its probably a vista compatibility issue. i can, by the way, add other avi files, just not ones with ac3 encoded audio.

PLEASE HELP. i have a huge amount of video that must be burnt to dvd and soon!.

any help is absolutely appreciated.

8 answers to this question

These are public Forums, searched by google and other search engines, which in turn are searched by spammers seeking to "harvest" email addresses for spamming purposes. I'd suggest you might want to edit your post to remove your email address - if it isn't already too late.

(And the earliest Version compatible with Vista is EMC 9 -

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/General%20I...mation/000004GN )

Lynn

thanx. i considered spam but meh...

and also thanx for the info bout emc 9. guess i gotta get it now eh.

(theres really no vista update? couldnt be that hard to produce)

all i really use is mydvd though so is it at all possible just to get that one program. i dont use any others in the whole suite.

V9 is not in production so there is little point in upgrading to a product that is not being produced…

This will give you a listing of current products. While you may save a few bucks now by not getting the full Suite, in the end it will usually bite you in the a…

It's probably possible to pick up EMC 9 cheap on eBay from someone who's upgraded and is selling the old copy on. The other main type of seller on eBay is liquidation of old stocks, altho at this point I doubt there's much of that left.

Lynn

These are public Forums, searched by google and other search engines, which in turn are searched by spammers seeking to "harvest" email addresses for spamming purposes. I'd suggest you might want to edit your post to remove your email address - if it isn't already too late.

(And the earliest Version compatible with Vista is EMC 9 -

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/General%20I...mation/000004GN )

Lynn

EMC 8 is was released in October 2005. The current Version is EMC 10. There will NOT be any updates for EMC 8 at this late date.

When EMC 9 came out, a separate discussion area was set up for Vista

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showforum=134

which you may (or may not) find of interest.

There isn't a separate Vista area for EMC 10 because it is assumed a much higher percentage of current posters are using Vista.

Lynn

sorry, its still unclear whether the upgrade will actually fix the problem though.

Back to your problem. Did you ever see those little 8-balls that do fortune telling? You shake them and turn them upside down and a message appears in the window. You should see the one that says something like "The outlook is favorable" and if you shake it again "Time will tell".

If you would have posted what computer you bought and the installed hardware, we could have given you a better answer. BTW, go to the computer manufacturer's web site and update all the drivers. Laptops sometimes sit and new drivers are added periodically.

EMC 10 was designed for Vista and will work if you take a little care uninstalling earlier versions and installing EMC ?. You would want to run a clean install of all Roxio products on your computer and then install whatever you buy. Search the support data base for complete instructions.

The question I have is what OEM video editing program came on your computer? It might well be the lite version of My DVD which would allow you to edit and burn those videos.

BTW, EMC 10 was designed for Vista and to facilitate connections with portable devices like cell phones and music players and to upload video to the internet.

EMC was designed to work with Vista but needs to be updated to 9.1 to be fully compatible.

Archived